Introducing XinTD X3 XM-L2 3*AA Flashlight

Did we ever get a voltage range on this one ? Wondering if it would take 2 cr123's (6V)?

yes- compared to a normal crappo flashlight. I have over 200 high-end LED lights,and the majority of them are excellent…but they all seem to be lacking something. In a perfect world, every high-end LED light would have magnetic controls, a programmable driver, a perfect thermal path from the LED to the body, impeccably flawless hard anodizing, etc., but only by that I’m referring to the Qlite driver configuration and the 26650 compatibility, the uni-head construction (better thermal path), AR glass lens, ability when ordering to select the tint, strong build quality and attention to detail, and last but not least, excellent communication from the seller (Hank) during the ordering process.
So I stand by my statement……and you are welcome to disagree; that’s your right.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, BORTSKI :davie:

I particularly like the 26650 feature…I’ve only got 2 other lights (Lumapower Mentors, modded to include XM-L2 U2s and using adapters to accommodate 26650s)….so this two X3s and the 2 Shadow JM26 I ordered will bring it to 6 lights….BTW, even though I’ve got several Sysmax i4 chargers that SAY they will accommodate 26650s, they don’t really….the cells are too big to fit the chargers without using shims……so I ordered two of the Trustfire TR-006 chargers….they work perfectly with the 26650s.
have a great day.

Relax brother. Seemed like a harmless question to me.

Buy what you like, its no skin off our balls. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nine posts, passive-aggressive, and quoting bible verses. Great start.

Really?

Taken from HKJ’s review.

not sure what you’re trying to accomplish by saying that, but I hope that you have a great and happy day.

BTW I’m not passive-aggressive (not sure what qualifies you to judge that, anyway), but thanks for sharing….and I only have 9 posts because I don’t get a lot of free time……we all have to start somewhere….
but I love BLF….and I’m a refugee from CPF…LOL…

and I’m sorry the Bible verse offends you….but it is what it is……and BTW I’m just like you…a flashaholic….

OK. I’m relaxed……maybe I over-reacted……too much coffee?

I’ll explain what I meant……I read the review too…and while the diameter of a 26650 is just barely ok for the Sysmax i4, the rub is the spacing of the cells positive terminal: but the cell pops out of the bay at the slightest vibration or movement…I read the review too, but found myself having to use quarters at the positive end of the 26650 cell to maintain positive contact…try it you’ll see what I mean.

Slewflash: this is what I was referring to: (from his review): _On the V2 charger the connection to the plus pole on the battery is longer, this makes the charger better for use with 26xx0 and C batteries, but not perfect (I have some C batteries with a small button top, they need a coin in front of them to connect).
Remember that with 26xx0 and C batteries, the charger has only space for max two at a time.

I’m not comfortable using coins as spacers; the Trustfire TR-006 fits a pair of 26650 cells perfectly, with no coins needed.

Rick, I'll let you know when I get it....eventually :)

I also use a tr-006, exclusively for my 26650 cells (I’m not keen on the fit of 18650 cells) the tr-006 did have a bad rep but mine has been brilliant.

What I would really like is a 26650 equivalent to my xtar wp2 ii. That is a dammed good charger and very versatile too.

Sneak Preview can be found here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/19956

That's frustrating, I know. I seldom bother to check the silly tracking anymore - it has never been useful for me. I just keep a list of what I have outstanding and when 30 days comes up I start emailing complaints. If I don't get it by 40 I start a PP claim.

Glenn - I got one coming too, but in the warm white tint. Don't own a light any warmer than T6 3C, but 'the' really liked this tint and loved the light so he's got me hooked. It's definitely a quality host, but sounds like they goofed on the AR lens - hope it's not like the BTU Shocker where it took them months to finally get the AR lens that was advertised...

I'll probably just keep it experimentally stock, and mod it later to 3.5A or higher on copper. Or if it looks like a thrower, I'll de-dome an XM-L2 U2 and crank it up to 4.2A or so using a KK ICR.

With the light I ordered a bunch of his new XM-L2 U2 1A's mounted on Noctigon's - great prices for now that will go up later for sure... I got 2 orders shipped from Hank, and the new order entered today - I'm not worried at all - he'll get it shipped pretty quick as always... I'd be totally embarrassed if I were to add up the money I spent at IOS alone, or counted up the # of orders

+1 I paid extra for the light & tracking #. On the 21st…. Over 3 weeks ago. The idea was I would do a written review & video. Got jerked around… When I contacted Hank? His only concern was if I wanted to cancel my order. Great PR… I am done with these folks…

my package isnt tracking either. Per Hank I have a 3-4 week wait….

Dale/leaftye - well that ain't cool - first time I'm hearing of any issues with Hank - with my experiences and others, I was ranking him right up there with Craig at IS for support, timely-ness, and quality/reliability of products. He's been better than FastTech for sure with me, and better than CNQ/FFL. His attention to detail on his website product listings has been very good, and a model others are attempting to copy.

This is strange to hear - wondering if they maybe launched this flashlight before it was fully ready.

I see that LCK-LED website link is dead. Not sure if it is temporary or signals its demise?

Perhaps this has something to do with it?

From HK Post site (link posted previously in the ‘FT How Did we DO’ thread):

First, I used the site & # Hank gave me… Second, Who the hell are you?