Introducing XinTD X3 XM-L2 3*AA Flashlight

I have never had a ft order come even close to 7 days

Same here. It usually takes 12 to 14 days which is fine. If my order doesn't come in the next few business days, I'm going to send Hank a message.

I’m starting to think there was a wide-scale shipping delay in the last few weeks. Everything I ordered was slower than usual, especially any SingPost items. HKPost did come through quicker, but slower than usual.
I just got a refund on an eBay purchase that likely got lost. 41 days today. I wanted to see that light, but now I have money to cover the lights I bought while waiting for it :smiley:

got mine today! it is nice. one bad thing is even my 18650 spacer will NOT work with this light. tried using a pack pull with the 18650 sleeve and no go :(

good thing i had some charged duraloops to pop in it for now. now on the lookout for a blue (not cyan GITD) boot to fit in it

Is your sleeve like this one? http://intl-outdoor.com/18650-to-26650-battery-converter-case-sleeve-p-235.html

kind of, its black. came with my BLF a8

Got mine today as well! It's really nice! Right now I'm using AA'a. The battery holder rattles a bit, but I fixed that with a toilet paper core cut down. Also, I think I got one of the original holders without the spring mod. I'll have to contact Hank..

Outdoor beamshots please. How many meters is it good at?

Glad you like it! Thanks for refreshing my memory about the toilet paper core trick. Haven't done it since DRY.. ;)

I think Hank said that the spring mod wasn't really needed and it would be removed in the new lights => you got the new model.

I wish I could say the toilet paper core trick was my idea, but it wasn't. I also used this trick on my Dry. Works great, doesn't it? Anyway, glad I got the newer holder. Next thing I need to do is make a sleeve so I can use my unprotected Panasonic 18650's.

Made it. It's kind of crude, but it works. I had to use #13 orings and the toilet roll core to eliminate play

Hold on, you mean this light’s body tube is wide enough (but not long enough) to fit a 3x18650 battery carrier in it? Seems like a big body for 3xAA.
Hmm, makes me wonder if the extra 10mm or so length would have been worth it. Would make a different light I suppose…
Edit: never mind, I just noticed the pics, it’s a cut roll not full diameter. Duh.

Has anyone tried a King Kong 26650 in it, is there any spacing that needs filling then?

I’m waiting on a review on it, it will be the determining factor on whether i buy one

damm, mine is still not here yet but I guess it’ll be this week

ruined my last blue (not cyan GITD) boot trying to get it in this badboy. it worked stock, but the nub on the inside is shorter, so there was too much squish to it. so i cut the top of a black boot off and put it inside the blue boot. too longand kept the switch pushed in. so i cut the nub off the inside of my last blue boot, and put the black boot inside it again. still too high... ill try sanding the black boot top down some later to get it to work. if not, im out my last blue boot, and my most recent blue boot order came as cyan GITD. hope he can get the blue back or i will be sad

Looks good Glenn…

Thanks Rick. Can't wait till it get's pitch black out to see how it really performs. So far I'm thrilled with it

And? Awaiting your pitch black test results :slight_smile:

How does the 3xAA compare to the E4A 4xAA? Is the X3 brighter?

The only throwers I compared it to are my Fenix TK35 and the XinTD V3 with the XM-L U3. The X3 totally blows them away in throw. I'm very impressed with this light. BTW, mine came in flawless condition .

I measured 3 amps with an unprotected Panasonic 3400mAh 18650 cell. It's very bright on high