IR or UFO

I was testing-out my new IR (infra-red) Flashlight last night, and when I checked it with an IR Thermal Imaging Device, I noticed a very large round ‘Red Circle’ above the building near me.

It is definitely NOT visible to the naked eye.

It is only visible through a IR Thermal Imaging Device, such as an IR Monocular or an IR Camera.

The Image posted has a lot more ‘Flare’ that the actual ‘Red Circle’ due to the Camera I used.

I don’t see any tower or cables in the daytime (or at night).

If it’s a Thermal Imaging Device, what’s holding it up?

It’s there ALL night, so I’m confident it 's not ‘battery operated’.

Any idea’s what it is?

Thanks!

Could be for the security cameras. Light up the parking lots, etc., without attracting every single bug all over Hell’s Creation with bright visible light.

1 Thank

I was thinking more along the lines of what you may see after drinking good amount of heavily spiked holiday punch.

Bloody Hell, I haven’t seen any eggnog in the stores, and it usually comes out about this time of year.

Doesn’t explain how it’s visible in IR but not in VIS, though.

There was an ep of… I think it was “UFO Hunters”… where stuff was visible in IR but not in VIS, and one of the guys showed it with a regular camera.

I do that all the time to find IR lights for security cameras, but they all show a pale blue on the screen, not red.

It’s a pleasure to know you, aL01!

Eye of Sauron?

Me personally, I’d snap pix from the same position with a regular camera (eg, cellphone) that same night, then the next day, then again the next night.

Regular camera to see if regular infrared (should show pale blue).

Daytime to see if any structures in that location (antenna tower, crane, water-tower, etc.).

Next night just to see if it’s still there.

Portal to The Hell Dimension.

It marks the entrance for the Land of the Lounge Lizards.
You’ll need Roddy Roddy Piper’s glasses to see what it really is.

1 Thank

What make and model imager are you using? The photo doesn’t appear to be coming from a thermal imaging camera but a visible light camera with short-wave infrared imaging capability.

You could try triangulating the source of the light by walking around, that way you’ll get an idea of how far away it is located.

Looks like either a reflection or lens flare.

Its a santa clowns portal. And whats the temperature of it? BTW thermal imaging looks like this

my guess would be a front-facing red or infrared light and device pointed through a window judging by the image alone but I’d like to know the device first. FWIW this could be a tactical or hunting TIC that I know nothing of, only lab- or tech-grade TICs, doing some sort of threshold-based visible-thermal image fusion, i.e. superimposing hot areas as red over the visible image.

Or a 1/2 bottle of ‘Absinthe’ :grinning:

This ‘Light’ is ‘Pale Blue’, then turns ‘Red’ when the ‘Camera’ connects to the internet.

Thank-you!

That’s a ‘Plan’ :+1:

I am going to try to walk around it tonight.

1 Thank

I’m thinking ‘High-Tech’, maybe ‘Military Grade’ or ‘Law Enforcement’.

Where is your place? Ill bring X75 and some cooling liquid.