Is cnqualitygoods out of business or wtf?

I think the Shocker II is XHP-50 or 70, not 100% though, I talked to him about the Shocker series a while back and he was working even then on going this new more modern route. Should be interesting to say the least. :slight_smile:

Yeah I thought so, or even better I hope it comes with XHP-35 HI with big and smooth reflector!

will fix this in an hour…

sorry for thThe issue

Glad to see you still around Ric.

We need more info about the Shocker II btw. :smiley: By sharing and discussion the information together I believe we can work together to make this light an unbeatable one. :wink:

Hi bibihang

nice to see you again!

good idea to share some info with old BTU shocker users!

We used 12V XHP70 hard driven by 5A each emitter on first prototype… Driver burned in 10 seconds…Now have to reduce the driven current.

New driver will get done this week…

Wow. 12*5*3=180 watts……. Smokey the Bear would not be happy.

Is this a boost driver with 3x18650 in series configuration?

[quote=Ric-CN]

Hi Ric. :slight_smile:

As a flashaholic reducing the driving current is the last thing I’d like to see LOL. Maybe you can work out with some BLF driver experts here to fine tune the driver to perfection that can deliver 5A safely to the emitters?

Also would you consider to run XHP-35 HI in the Shocker II? The throw can be mind blowing with this setup!

And another suggestion… also the most important one, is to use DTP board with these overdriven emitters.

4 18650 in series.

Seriously 20000+lumens produces too much heat for the driver.

4*4.2v=16.8V without load
XHP70 12V version voltage drop at 5A=around 14.4V
If you use buck driver, I don`t believe in current regulation at all. After 10 minutes of 15A load, each cell will be almost empty (3.0v), and will not be able to gave more that 0.5Amps to each led.

I think such big lights should be able to give access to turbo mode not only with full charged cells. Different manufactures goes different ways. Klarus G30 have 6V led with 3S cells, Meteor have boost driver, some new small lights use XP-G3 or XP-L without overloading, they have low voltage drop. This is not serious when big light have step-down which starts immediately after you have turned it on.

I’d suggest to go for XHP-35 HI instead. Three of these being slightly overdriven and we have a high lumens monster thrower!

4x 18650 BTU shocker II? That is fantastic!

I too would like to see an XHP-35 hi version. I’d love to see how well that beast would throw.

Think my last "Super Shocker" mod was the highest throw light I ever measured - think it was about 550 kcd. It lasted as the top permformer up til modding the BOSS1.

Didn’t know that you have made it to 550kcd with Shocker! What LED you use inside?

It is ridiculous that the site has been down since he posted about the BTU PK26. I don’t understand why he even bothers to start a thread about it if he isn’t able to keep his site up for you to order… not that I would order from him when banggood offers the light as well, but still…

Cancel all your orders and re-order elsewhere!

I just tried logging in at CNQG. Site appears to be up and running as normal.

I’d have no problem ordering from them again.