Is FastTech going SlowTech?

Paid 7 days for a flashlight still no shipment details. Emailed to them 2 days ago still no response!

Ive just received an order from them that took over six weeks to arrive. It was sent via Zurich post! so it must have travelled across Europe to get here in the UK. Longest ive ever had to wait for some thing from china.

I often pay the little bit extra for Swiss Post or Malaysia Post both with tracking numbers.
Don’t forget that once it’s left FastTech and put into whichever postal system FastTech have no control over how fast or slow it gets delivered. If they have shipped it out in a timely manner that’s all they can do.

Swiss or Malaysia usually take 14-21 days to reach me in the U.K.

my last order arrived very quick. order to delivery was 6 business days.

My last FastTech order left San Francisco last night and so should be delivered in Reno Tuesday or Wednesday. Ordered Oct 6 and shipped on the 10th. A bit slower than usual so far for me as total time over two weeks but I have never ordered batteries.

orders have been taking 7 days to 2 weeks, not much slowdown for me.

Within the last 3 months I've placed probably 12 non-battery/cylindrical object orders; roughly 5 of them with at least 3 different products in quantities >4. All came within 10 +/- 1 days (with 2 days to ship from placing the order).

Using USPS w/ China Post, then its routed through ISC Los Angeles.

For batteries I just do the good ol' laptop harvest.

Ordered some resistors and shipped on Sept 19 still waiting.

Placed 2 seperate orders on 5th and 10th october
Both were sent via singpost.

Not sure if I made the wrong choice for not paying more for malaysia post

I lived in Malaysia… I feel sad that they didn’t send it via Malaysia post

Still waiting though… both shipped

Today received an empty ripped open envelope contents were missing

Ordered Sunday October 5, 2014
Received Wednesday October 29, 2014.

29$ order with a Convoy S2 Host, driver, emitters and other things.
Everything arrived as ordered and in good condition.
Shipped via Singapore Post in a bubble envelope mailer.

I ordered 14500 & 18650 batteries from Fasttech on October 15th. They didn’t ship until October 17th. They still haven’t arrived and it’s been 52 days as of today. I inquired about this 21 days ago on their website and was told it takes 45-60 days for batteries. That’s pretty ridiculous as I’ve ordered batteries from other companies in China and HK and never had to wait more that perhaps three weeks and usually quite a bit less. Maybe I missed the fine print when I ordered but this is the first and last time I will order from this company.

If other companies in the same part of the world can have the product shipped/delivered quicker then there’s no reason they can’t either.

Thoroughly disgusted with them. :expressionless:

fasttech is slow in batteries lol

order somewhere else for batteries if needed things fast
fasttech is fast on other stuff but batteries wise they seem to play it too safe by doing lotsa delays n such.
i’ve heard e-cig equipments with fluids also taking forever to process/ship
even lighters took a while to arrive to my doorstep

nevertheless my cheapo ultrafire cells i ordered earlier still didn’t arrive but my 100pcs bulk usb lights and solar cars i ordered recently for christmas all came fast

Fasttech to my country Malaysia

Is Fasttech slow on shipping knives to US?

Last order of a knife from FastTech took ~ 12 days to the U.K.
It’s all down to the Postal Services not so much FastTech are slow and they are fairly good telling you when dispatch has been delayed - an Enlan was in stock then it wasn’t and three days waiting for it to ship but that’s rare.

Deputydave;

Batteries ordered from China have become a craps shoot as post office handling for air shipment is now banned by virtually all countries. FastTech is using surface shipment which is SLOW. Some other Chinese sellers are mislabeling their battery shipments to get them air shipped but if they are discovered the batteries may be returned to the originating company or the package be subject to destruction.

Been enough problems with lithium ion batteries in air shipments, and in aircraft use, that I suspect that things are only going to get worse. Richard at Mountain Electronics imports Lithium Ion batteries in bulk using air freight and has indicated he is paying through the nose due to hazardous material surcharge fees, customs costs etc. Over a dollar per battery just for shipping costs. He still has some of the best prices going.

Not AFAIK. Last time I ordered was months ago and I think had to use Swiss Post rather than ePacket, so it did take longer than FT’s normal shipping but it was about normal for non-ePacket shipments from China to the US.

I made a simple graph time table. Blue column is days it took to process (including day of order), red column is days until delivery.

FT is consistent with processing orders with the exception of items that are in the "ship in X days" or items that are restocking, but once it leaves their doors its up to the shipping company, They too also are pretty consistent; slowdown sure to happen now that the holiday shopping season started.

All shipped with USPS ePacket w/ China Post with destination to West Coast. No knives or batteries (incl. internal) in those orders.

Thank you. I appreciate the post :slight_smile:

Just received 2 panasonic 3400 from FT, ordered 11 21st, so 20 days is not that bad and within expectations. Shipping was through TNT-PostNL European Registered Airmail, at a 2$ cost, since standard free delivery was not available for batteries. So may be I was lucky or they are still a good option at least in Europe.