Is FastTech going SlowTech?

Iker;

What did the Customs declaration for the package state the contents were? If not listed as batteries then FT has started doing the same as some competitors, lying about package contents.

I actually had a pretty good experience the other day with an ultra cheap $1.50 USB bluetooth dongle. They shipped it out within about 9 hours of my order. It will take forever in the mail of course, but their warehouse turnaround time was pretty fast.

With the new air freight that was the only option to Australia for batteries, ordered 4.12.14 and delivered on the 11.12.14. Thats almost quicker than the postage here. It cost around $3.00 extra.

Not bad at all!

They declare: Lithium batteries x1 value=20 Eur

Well the batteries finally arrived, right on day 60.

They all came in plastic battery boxes that were all bubble wrapped. The two 14500 boxes had the hologram on the outside of the box, the 18650 box did not. Hope that isn’t a bad thing? I would think the 18650’s are real since they all came from the same company?

What batteries did you order which have holograms?

Trustfire.

FT is better than most about having genuine products. That said, I think Trustfire is nearly as widely imitated as Ultrafire. Trustfire isn’t widely recommended AFAIK. I stopped buying Trustfire several years ago when the TF Flame 2400mAh cells carried by DX suddenly went to pot. It wasn’t clear whether whether the issue was a batch of fakes or TF themselves substituting, but nobody was happy about it. At the time DX is where most folks shopped for that sort of thing (cheap flashlight parts). Times have changed now but Trustfire is generally still not at the top of the shopping list. [FWIW My ‘good’ TF flame cells eventually died a quick, miserable, low performance death.]

Probably not what you want to hear at this point, but better late than never. If you haven’t read elsewhere, here are some real manufacturers of good cells: Sanyo, Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, MNKE, A123. There are several quality brands re-wrapping those cells.

I bought some Sanyo 18650’s that I’m happy with. The TF 26650’s that I bought seem to be doing well so I figured I’d try the 18650 and 14500 batteries in the TF to see how I like them. But to be honest, I wouldn’t order from FT again, at least as far as batteries are concerned. Hopefully the batteries will be very good.

FWIW I have a single 4 year old TF 14500 battery left that is still rocking. It used to have 3 brothers but I gave 2 away that are still working as far as I know and the other one I had the protection circuit was damaged when I dropped the battery so I recycled it. Last one must have 300+ cycles on it and still holds a charge and delivers good daily performance. YMMW. I know that. Just saying.

It’s good to post up the positive experiences on this stuff too. I wouldn’t want to avoid TF 100% for no good reason. For now I’m not interested since there are domestic shops selling quality cells here. Down the road if it gets harder to purchase bare Panasonic/LG/Samsung/Sony/Sanyo/whatever I might be more interested in TF and knowing that not everyone has had bad experiences is worthwhile to me at least.

I bought 5 torches from their stock clearance sale and they shipped 31 January and arrived today - 6 February

Something is definitely off with Fasttech. I ordered a Tank007 E09 back on Jan 26, 2015. The tracking claims it went through the processing center in China on Feb 6, 2015 and that’s the last I’ve heard. I’ve ordered products from other vendors in China well after that date that have already arrived. I opened a ticket to see if they have any idea where the package may be.

FT isn’t the only one I’m having shipping issues with though, there is another vendor from Amazon that I ordered SK68 clones from that still haven’t arrived (ordered also back in Jan). Very odd how one company can get you a flashlight(s) in a couple of weeks and another is a month or more.

I have this same situation going on with 8 large orders from several different vendors. All my EMS shipments show that they were processed in a facility in china. That was back on Jan 5th and 10th, and now Jan 26th shows no movement since then. I am guessing that they just completely shut down all shipping on their end when the new year holiday started.

SAme here. Ordered from fasttech?? shipped on Jan 27.. worst thing is I didin't get tracking (less than $20 item) apparently. Nuttin yet.

Also LED.com shipped out Feb 11....hahahahahha...ain't nuttin yet like the other guys who ordereed these S5's for couple bucks a piece... hahahhahahhhh

Beginning to think they offer these specials right before the New Year so they can sit back with our money and make merry til Mid March. Let the Yanks hold the bag !...hahahahahahh

I know better to order this time of the year, but the bug got me...as usual.

I’m still waiting on an order that shipped on January 31st. The frustrating bit is another order which shipped out the previous day only took 14 days. My S5 from MyLed shipped on Feb 4th and arrived in 12 days. Hopefully these slow orders have somehow got caught up in the holiday shutdown and will turn up eventually. No point contacting FastTech ‘till next week anyway. What’s the betting their response will be ’Please wait a little longer’.

Guess ranting about my FastTech order helped...it arrived this afternoon. So, exactly 30 days from shipped to the door.

Now I wait on a pair of myled.com S5's.

My ranting did some good as well, my Tank007 E09 arrived yesterday in the mail. Ordered 1/26 so that was 36 days, which too be honest is not impressive at all.

But I got my light….and promptly lost it. I put in an Eneloop and showed my wife and now it’s on HER keychain!
:_(

Actually I kinda figured it would though. I ordered that cranberry pink colored version and she liked it and now I know she has a good light on her keychain so I’m happy about that.

Had good luck with FT last order - Ordered 2/13/15, shipped 2/14/15 and arrived in Colorado 2/24/15.
It was a USBASP if it matters.
Also added the $1.69 shipping upgrade.