Is it time to update the header image on the homepage?

“Try again. Fail again. Fail better.”
— Samuel Beckett

Happy this came up. Was just thinking the same thing the other day.

Everyone fails. I guess it depends if you learn anything from it or not. :smiley:

So…? It’s probably time. I don’t know photoshop, but maybe something like that? Only newer flashlights, not this crap (besides left ofc.)

I’d say it’s time for an update

What if we had multiple banners, which cycled upon reload? Each banner could have a different theme, such as BLF-branded lights, member-modded lights, etc. Or perhaps each banner would have one of each.

Very nice! Maybe a bit of drop shadow would look good, as we have currently.

Should be a pic of everything BLF brought to fruition. The lights you guys have had a hand in creating, and the dedication, is amazing.

Both of these would be great.

Eh, my vote is to keep it as is. Traditional. I like my blood-stained rug…

Blood-stained rug?

maybe he meant blonde-stained rug?

House ref…

or blood stained from a blonde.

I think there should be two banners that alternate. One with the most popular lights by poll, the other with BLF collaborative designs.

I have no objections.

This seems like a good idea. Then it could show more contributions from more people.

Oh, now that you mention it, I remember that.

I Googled it, and House was upset with Cuddy because she got rid of House's blood-stained rug.

The rug got stained with House's blood when someone tried to kill House, so House was kinda attached to the rug.

Very good idea. Then each flashlight could be separate which would increase the variety.

I made this picture in paint. I don’t know how to add shadows.

It seems that a lot of people would like to change the logo, but the problem is the technical issue, i.e. preparing the pictures. I believe sb would be able to deal with changing the image every time the page was refreshed. If single flashlights were to appear, as mentioned earlier, the variety would increase and the repeatability decreased.

In the picture that I suggested I only had to cut out D4 of Hank’s photo. I did it in paint and it took almost an hour because I was doing it for the first time. I found the other two flashlights with a white/partially white background.

I still like the old header. The selected lights perfectly fit this forums philosophy.
And they are still available.