Is my flashing kit just dead?

fogofwar hasn’t been seen since January 29th of this year. :+1:

Thank you for letting me know. Sorry for that.

1 Thank

No problem.
They might come back some day, but y’know, don’t hold your breath. :grin:

1 Thank

Most of the time these days I have to lift up on my flash board to get the USB to connect properly… reminiscent of wedging a bit of folded matchbook under an 8 track tape to ensure only one song played. :wink:

Check to be sure one of the pins didn’t slide up on your clamp to the ATTINY, verify that all leads are connected in the plug on the board. It’s all a fairly delicate set-up.

You need a different type of programmer for the TS10 (UPDI).

4 Thanks

Thank you for letting me know. I’m pretty much ready to get skilled in this topic but no idea where to start. Is there a generic topic on flasing so one would learn how to handle different lights? What MCU is in the TS10? What is the pinout? What protocol it takes?

4 Thanks

SammysHP, thank you very much for the jumpstart!
Decades ago I built and programmed devices using Intel’s ancient 8749s. Hope I can catch up with this topic. Very much appreciated.

here is an excellent video showing how to reflash a TS10:

1 Thank

Thank you for the vid.
Now I only need to figure out if I need to use the kit in the vid or I could use this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LZV1G6K?pldnSite=1.
Going slowly but nothing is urging me.

Definite YES!

the one on amazon does not have the pogo pins that connect to the TS10. It is not a complete solution.

I live in a smal country with limited payment methods and poor postal services. I rather do some soldering work than order from the US. If that CH340 module works electronically I’m ready to do those pins and wire them. The CH340 is available locally and I have tools do do such work - if that could work theoretically.

If that CH340 module works electronically

yes, more info in these links:

1 Thank

This webpage likely has everything you’d ever want to know about wiring up your own programmer for lights with the attiny1616 (like the TS10).

4 Thanks

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much! I could access this one easier. I can also get springloaded pins locally and I can solder. I will give it a try after learning all necessities.

Awesome support in this forum. Thank you very much.

You’re very welcome! It is a great forum :smiley:

2 Thanks

Nice save Gary! :+1:
I have no idea how to find all the old links yet. Slow on the uptick these days … :woozy_face: