Is my Xtar VC4 faulty??? Photo attached

Again, falling slightly short of the 1A per outside bay claim…

Die n HKJs charger reviews there is often a reduced charge current when the power supply is 4.9-5V,
supplies with 5.2V help
Also shorter and thicker USB cable helps reduce voltage drop

I am pretty sure you problem is the voltage drop between power supply and charger

Its the same in linear regulated torches when the input voltage is not high enough to feed the Vf of the led plus all voltage drops in wires, driver and springs the current gets lower

I bought this charger when it released and still regret it, not one of Xtars better efforts. The cable they supplied, to me at least, is very shoddy, combine that with it being very sensitive to input, then it’s a pain in the ass. Powered by solar, if the input drops and then recovers, the charger doesn’t, it pootles along at very low currents.

This unit really needed a 12v supply option or at very least, dual USB input. Maybe a type C USB would be feasible now also?

I much prefer my other Xtars and spread across the range they have all the features for a simple but perfect charger, they just can’t quite manage it. The SV2 is close bar the stupid percentage display rather than voltage, that’s worse than the VCs stupid graphical display.

My VC2 does this once or twice a week. I changed the USB plug in and so far it seems to have helped.

Still buggs the hell out of me.

The only way to truly know is start from the beginning—check power supply first then charger—do you have another USB 2.1 amp wal wart type power supply—one that comes with a tablet or something—then the meter on the charger could be off a little also-without meters to check it’s hard to say what’s going on—I just purchased this charger also —I was a bit underwhelmed with it

Blitzwolf’s power adapters and Xtar VC4 don’t match well. Try another >2A adapter and it will show steady 0.5A when charging 4 batteries simultaneously.

^ I was about to suggest the same thing. There have been a few reports of Blitzwolf and Xtar not playing well.

try it with quality cells.
ultrafires are usually junk.the rightmost cell may have high ir.

I just received one of these last week, but haven’t used all 4 slots at the same time. I’ll try it and see what happens. I did, however, purchase the Xtar power adapter, so it should work as advertised.

Get an Xtar VP2 or 2 and be done with it. It’s the best charger ever made IMO. Super reliable and accurate.

You sure?

My 2 are. The Dragon is overpriced and has no realtime voltage readout. If I need to do more, I have hobby chargers that do more than the Dragon