IS Promotions: Rayus C01 / PT10 Series Intro [8/28]

Well good news for you Zebralight Pre-orders, they're coming in fast, we're likely shipping out this coming Monday.

Woo-hoo!

Now here’s to hoping I got my IS pre-order in early enough to be in the first shipment, excited for this H600!

Important update/caution.

The Sunwayman C21C will not fit the longer protected panasonic 3400mAh batteries, such as the ones coming from fasttech, wallbuys, etc,. They are just a bit too long to allow contact.

OK i did it.

I ordered the H602w. It will be my first headlamp and first zebralight.

Thanks for the coupon code guys!

What length batteries are you testing? We've been able to fit 3400mAh batteries around 69mm.

Using these: http://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10001980/1141104

So a little over 69mm.

I didn't feel comfortable grinding the cap down... might work if I do, but I don't want to ruin the light if if it doesn't.

Zebralight package is in customs in SF right now, they may arrive earlier than expected. If you're subscribed to our newsletter, we sent out our weekly deal notification earlier today including Malkoff dropins, Sunwayman T45C, and other tidbits. The recent inbound P15, P16, and MT21As are also covered under our Illumination code.

my hand is on the trigger on this one - i just have to find out if i have any batteries that will fit - most of mine are 70mm+ (fastech 3400 protected)

So far the only Zebralight I had trouble with, in terms of fitting a battery was the S6330. I can't use the FT 3400mAh protected batteries with it.

SC52, SC600II, H502 all fit any battery just fine. I expect the headlamps will also fit all the batteries fine. Can't wait to see some more new models from ZL... there were more than headlamps slated for september release... SC600II xml2's for example.

A partial shipment of H600FW II, H600W II, H602W have arrived. We are fulfilling pre-orders now. Fortunately this first wave was enough to cover all our pre-orders. Our online stock counts will accurately show how many we have left in stock.

Zebralight H52Fw and H52W are now open! Expected ship date to dealers is October 18. illumination code applies.

Specifications:

H52Fw:
Turbo: 475 lumens with 14500 Li-ion for 1 minute before step down
High: H1 266 Lm (0.9 hrs) or H2 163 Lm (1.7 hrs) / 102 Lm (3 hrs)
Medium: M1 47 Lm (7.5 hrs) or M2 23 Lm (12 hrs) / 11 Lm (27 hrs)
Low: L1 2.6 Lm (4 days) or L2 0.32 Lm (3 weeks) / 0.06 Lm (2 months) / 0.01 Lm (3 months)
Beacon Strobe Mode: 4Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1
Beam type: Floody beam with frosted lens, 90 degree beam spread.

H52W:
Turbo: 500 lumens with 14500 Li-ion for 1 minute before step down
High: H1 280 Lm (0.9 hrs) or H2 172 Lm (1.7 hrs) / 108 Lm (3 hrs)
Medium: M1 50 Lm (7.5 hrs) or M2 25 Lm (12 hrs) / 12 Lm (27 hrs)
Low: L1 2.7 Lm (4 days) or L2 0.34 Lm (3 weeks) / 0.06 Lm (2 months) / 0.01 Lm (3 months)
Beacon Strobe Mode: 4Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1
Beam type: 80 degree spill, 12 degree spot.

It’s interesting how ZL is focusing on the ‘w’ models lately. I find my H51w to be too warm, and would really like a H52d if they ever make one… somewhere in the 4500k to 5000k tint range, with the highest CRI I can get, and a spot+spill beam. Even better would be a H52n with Nichia 219 emitter, but I doubt that will happen.

Any idea if a H52d might be on the horizon?

I guess, even if not, the H52w looks like a nice upgrade from my H51w… slightly cooler tint, smaller body, and better circuitry with more output and longer runtimes and more modes and battery options. It just doesn’t have a high-CRI emitter, which was the main thing I was hoping for.

No news of a H52D, the next headlamps slated for release are CR123A sized: H32W, H32FW, H302W. We'll ask our rep about any cooler variants.

Funny you should say that. While I still like it a great deal, I also find the SC52w to be just way too warm, to where it's almost like I'm dealing with candle lighting, or older very yellow/orange incandescent lights.

I have a ZL H51w and a ZL SC52. I could believe that the H51w is 4200k as rated… but the SC52 appears to be about 5000k and greenish, nowhere near its rated 6300k. I haven’t compared it to other lights in a while, but IIRC it looks like it could be a greenish Cree 2* or 3* tint. It’s warmer than my 1C tint XM-L and cooler than my Nichia 219 4500k light. I think it may be warmer than a 2B XP-G2 I have too… closer to the 3B tint in another of my lights. But I can’t say for sure until I get back home and get access to my full light collection again.

So, to me, the SC52 looks pretty neutral and the H51w looks yellow.

I’ve been tempted to get a regular ZL H51, assuming it’ll be near 5000k like the SC52 is. Or get a ZL H51c, so I’d at least have better CRI instead of a sickly yellow beam. I mostly use the low modes anyway, so I don’t mind the reduced maximum output. But I’d really like something a little cooler with even higher CRI…. 4500k 92CRI or 5000k 85CRI emitters are both readily available and hit a “sweet spot” for me.

Regardless, I’m really tempted to pre-order a H52w or H52Fw, or even both. One would be a direct upgrade from what I have now, and the other would be my first “floody” (pseudo-flood, not true flood) light. But a H52d would be better. I could gift the lower-CRI version later if a higher-CRI one is produced. It looks like there will be a SC32d and SC62d, so … maybe a SC52d and H52d too?

I’m thinking out loud. In any case, I’m happy to hear there’s a H52 product line now, and I look forward to getting one.

Cool White high CRI is a niche that I'm not sure Zebralight wants to expand into. I have confirmed that there will be cooler variants of the new models coming out a few months down the line but nothing definitive or with dates unfortunately. Zebralight sales reps don't seem to have much information in general.

Yeah, it’s not a very popular niche yet… but ZL does have a few ‘d’ models (5000k 85CRI) listed in their current and new product line (H502d, SC32d, SC52d), so I hope they’ll add it to their H5x models too. :slight_smile:

Yeah, we love niche emitters here at IS, especially high CRI ;)

I mainly wish Zebralight would have more accurate delivery estimations and fulfill our orders entirely.

But Calvin, they use the best roulette wheel money can buy. :bigsmile:

-___-