Is Sunwayman still in business?

I ask because their website isn’t working anymore and most of their lights if not all of them have been marked as discontinued on online stores.

If so, that’s a real shame as they were one of the best companies in the market a decade or so ago but it seems like they stopped innovating and slowly went out of business.

If anyone could shed some light (pun intended) on their current state of affairs, that would be cool!

No, sunwayman stopped a while back.

http://www.sunwayfoto.com/e_index.aspx

They are still not entirely out of flashlight business yet. Here are some of their new products under Sunwayfoto photography gear division/sister company.

Hope Sunwayman makes a comeback one day.

I’m glad to hear that they are still around albeit under a different company name.

It’s great that they found a niche market to cater for as they were probably struggling to compete in the handled flashlight space when the lumen war started.

> their website isn’t working anymore

what were you looking for?

there are a lot of Sunwayman for sale on ebay…

but no V11r… if thats what you were interested in, the present option with same Rotary UI, is Jetbeam RRT-01

Not looking for anything specific, just felt a little nostalgic being the first company I purchased my lights from and was curious to see if they were still around.

I’ve got 5 SWM lights here and have been a big fan since I got my V10R back in 2012.

Two V11Rs, one NIB, two D40As (CW/NW) and one M11R.

I’ll miss them.

Chris

It’s a real shame Sunwayman exited the pocket flashlight business. They made some classic lights. Especially the V10 and V11 series.

afaict, Sunwayman, NiteEye, Nitecore and Jetbeam are all children of the same parent company… Sysmax

the Jetbeam and Nitecore labels are still active…

I agree, I absolutely love the design of my V10R Ti+. So classy and timeless design unlike most of the other overdesigned flashlights these days from Klarus, Lumintop, Jetbeam etc.

I have several. Interesting that they get appreciated more when they go out of business. Great lights IMHO.

Agree, V10 and V11 was iconic flashlights at that time. I think almost everybody wanted it.

I knew from day one that the extremely generic wording of this account’s posts meant something dodgy.

EDIT: This was referring to a bot account, now with its post deleted. Thanks, sb :beer:

I have several as well. All nice ones.

I own two of their lights, and both are top quality! Love their build and finish!!

Big fan of Sunwayman here.

(Google traslator): Sunwayman started in led flashlights market with great force thanks to its plethora of models with a magnetic ring interface, both the M series (step variation) and the continuously variable V series. Many of them also had a forward rear pushbutton, which for me constitutes the best interface, with forward and backward ramp and momentary power on. In addition, the design was very sophisticated, with little knurling, and very good finishes. It’s a shame that the mad dash for thousands of lumens in short-lived turbo modes wiped out brands like this. Even Jetbeam, a brand with excellent designs, finishes and magnetic rings, in my opinion fell short of the degree of impact and excellence that Sunwayman had in 2011 and 2012.

V10r Ti+, shown w AA extender for size comparison to a V10r Ti and TCR-1

l-r 6000k XM-L2, 3500k e21a, sw45k

Merry Xmas!

¡Show your Sunwayman collection!