Is Sunwayman still in business?

Big fan of Sunwayman here.

(Google traslator): Sunwayman started in led flashlights market with great force thanks to its plethora of models with a magnetic ring interface, both the M series (step variation) and the continuously variable V series. Many of them also had a forward rear pushbutton, which for me constitutes the best interface, with forward and backward ramp and momentary power on. In addition, the design was very sophisticated, with little knurling, and very good finishes. It’s a shame that the mad dash for thousands of lumens in short-lived turbo modes wiped out brands like this. Even Jetbeam, a brand with excellent designs, finishes and magnetic rings, in my opinion fell short of the degree of impact and excellence that Sunwayman had in 2011 and 2012.

V10r Ti+, shown w AA extender for size comparison to a V10r Ti and TCR-1

l-r 6000k XM-L2, 3500k e21a, sw45k

Merry Xmas!

¡Show your Sunwayman collection!

Those are nice.

THEY didn't go out of business.

It was US who made them go out of business.

YOU stopped buying their new models.

DEALERS eventually stopped carrying.

I hope not, every Sunwayman light i had, (5 of them) all failed or died, and they never responded to my requests for help or service… Sunwayman was a horrible flashlight manufacturer… no customer support or service, poor quality control, to many flaws in their lights.

But they made nice flashlights. I have too many flashlights to use all of them frequently, and yes, one of my SWM V20Cs is no longer working. All the others work fine, but most are unused and only a few have been used for not long.

However, it is difficult to resist magnetic rings, they have an attraction …. magnetic.

Sunwayman V11R:

Sunwayman V10R:

My M11R Mr Elfin stopped working after 2-3 years of continued usage.

Sunwayman made nice looking flashlights, with easy UI
Pity that they are no longer what they used to be

From what I see, SWM lights fail a lot more than we fans of the brand would like, it’s a shame.

Some more pics:

(an Eoslamp has crept in)

(plus one Niteye)

Nice mods, nice mix-V10R!

Very Nice selection

I think your Niteye Eye10 TiC fins are drilled for tritiums too

pic is a link to modding pics

Yes, my TiC fins has tritium wholes

nice :+1:

I agree… I hear of non working Sunwayman rotaries more often than the others

there is one encouraging report here

by a person that fixed their Sunwayman driver

Now that we are at Christmas I have a little more time to post some pictures:

Sunwayman bigs heads are generous and detailed in design, construction, machining and finish, with a strong military look, good throwers, and rotating magnetic rings:

Keep going, don’t mind me, just here lurking… :heart_eyes:

What?...Sunwayman not doing flashlights anymore....oh NOWAYMAN!!

The only Sunwaymans that I have are the D40As. I first bought the cool white since it had more lumens, and then bought the neutral white a month later. Both have been used over the years by the family since they are safe 4 AA flashlights. The only issue I’ve had was with the switch on one of them which started to crack. But I was able to replace it and it’s been fine since.