Is there a High CRI 6500K LED with 0 or Negative dUV?

Looking for a High CRI LED with 6500K CCT that has a dUV of zero ( on bbl ) or negative dUV (magenta tint)

B35A is available in 6500K (Convoy has it) and is usually close to the BBL at low current and gets under it at higher current.
E21 as well but I don’t think it’s available anywhere.

Oh, is it? koef3 tested it at +0.0019. Dunno which current he measured the tint at, however. Also, 7400K, what the heck.

FFL505A 6500k CRI 97. And I tested my duv @ - 0.0024

… If you’re ok with the masked round die, that is.

1 Thank

is there a datasheet for that LED ?

Unfortunately, not that I know of. FFL doesn’t have anything on their site

The duv also depends on the optical element used–a TIR will result in significantly lower duv than the reflector used in the test.

Only the FFL351RD is like that, the FFL505A is a true round die according to the teardown that @koef3 did

3 Thanks

I have a D4sV2 with ffl505 6500K, measured -0.0018, high CRI.

Also have a kr1 with ffl707 6500K, DUV was -0.0043 but it isn’t high cri.

And my favorite recently, masked die or shall we say undercover performer…
FFL351RD 6500k 98CRI
Some guy showed photos with it in Stelar X4 which you could get by request.
Or by buying directly from here:

It can be seen on FF website

Yes! My avatar is my D4V2Cu with FFL351RD 6500k and 3700k mix. It has such a beautiful beam. Right at 5000k. And 98 CRI.

1 Thank

Too bad people nowadays prefer just “amber” CCT

1 Thank

not me, i prefer higher CCTs because of maximum color contrast. 6500K to 7000K is my HAPPY PLACE :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Thanks

Found the post with FF emitters
https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/s/xhMGikQOE4

1 Thank

Below BBL more red- more red -more cri

1 Thank

Below BBL could also be more blue (that’s how low CRI emitters can still achieve good tint), and too much red can actually decrease the CRI, exemplified by dedomed 519As that measure lower CRI and R9 than their domed counterpart. Any change that makes a light source deviate farther from the reference spectrum lowers CRI.

1 Thank

I just documented that last night after testing my triple SunLike 3030 S2+. First I measured it normally then tried it with some Zircon minus green and the Ra, R9 and R12 all decreased. The lower duv absolutely looked “better” to my eyes but the CRI was definitely worse.

1 Thank

technically speaking, tint shifting will affect CRI. you only get the 95-98 CRI of the Sunlike if you leave it alone. Any change in color in the X-Axis (color temperature blue-yellow) or Y-Axis (tint/dUV green-magenta) will result in changes in CRI.