Is there a quick way to remove modes from Slonik headlamp?

I have a Slownik headlight with 5 modes that I would prefer to have one mode. High is fine. The problem is it doesn’t have memory so you have to cycle through all modes to turn it off. Very annoying. The high is not very bright so that’s all I ever use. Can I just clip a wire or something? No idea how to mod lights but since I only want one mode, I’m hoping it would be easy.

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Headlamp-Headlight-Head-Lamp/dp/B07D27L1NR

That’s the light I have. It’s kind of a crappy light but if it can be modded, maybe I can use it.

Post a pic of the driver

Reminds me of my D25, which seems the same way, weirdo modes, and high-to-low vs low-to-high. Forgot if it’s a mech- or e-switch, though.

I’ve lobotomised some crap drivers by bypassing the usually 3-pin “brains” and just jumping the LED’s current path across the chip, so it’s just +V/LED/resistors/ground, so that it’s off/on only, full power, controlled by the mech switch.

If it’s an e-switch, nope.

I have the single LED version of this one i got off Amazon some years ago. I modded it immediately to 5000k sst40 and that woke it up a bit. There is a mod you can do on these to swap in a Convoy driver (either boost or linear) from the S21E with a far superior UI and better output, but it only works on the cheaper D10 clones you get from Boruit since the spacing of the driver cavity is different. You could probably still mod it and use it without the charging though. Worth a look. You’d be limited to the non boost version though since you can’t easily swap out the 3 volt LEDs due to the combined mcpcb.

Shorten the black lead against the reflector, or any other spot on the body. I do it all the time :face_with_head_bandage: :woozy_face:

1 Thank

So just clip off the black wire and soldier to ground somewhere? Seems east enough.