Is there anything like a BUDGET zoomy SkyRayKing? :)

I love my old 3 LED gold SRK but I wish it would zoom. Is there anything like that? I know it would need to be a bit longer. Or would something like that become a weapon?

- Joe

Are you looking for a multi LED light that can zoom?
Or a big zoom light that can tail stand?

If a multi-emitter light zooms, then you will get an individual hotspot for each emitter, not a very useful effect.

Get you three SK-98 lights, and duct-tape them together?

I’m not an extensive expert, but I haven’t encountered any quality multi-emitter zoomies. Most zoomies rely on aspheric lens and with multiple LEDs that gets really gross with a lot of interacting artifacts. Plus the cost of developing such a lens means it wouldn’t be cheap. As they go up in price they tend to focus on improving the throw side of things with better optics rather than improve the flood side of things with more LEDs, as it is still cheaper to do that then to re-engineer a custom solution.

Edit: Also check this list for better zoomies

Edit 2: Also if you skip the budget part you can get a LEDLenser X21R2

Edit 3: Oh hey, you might be in luck, this Rebel 90 to be on sale on Amazon for $500 off!

He could mean mostly the form factor and light output.
LTBL look at some of the Jax Z1 mt-g2 mods on the forum. I think that might be your best bet.

:edit:
Here’s one example

My first light was “Minicree”[Sipik clone?]. I just got it modded! It has not been officially tested[yet] with a light meter/integrating sphere. that should come down the road when Vinh does some more of these.

I can tell you that is is an awesome little light[3.5” long] and I was able to shed light on a cell tower[enough to read a book!] from 565m/617y/80Kcd!!! It is Direct Drive single mode w/ a Dedomed XPG2 PDTc and ~ 650/700 lumens!

I am no expert either! I do know that SINGLE emitters ALWAYS throw further than multiple. I NEVER heard of a zoomie using more than One emitter….not practical.

If your interested I have pictures and a Thread started about my special FIRST light!!!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?401874-MiniCreeVN

Short answer to original poster’s question: NO

Reason why: If you had one big lens in front of a SkyRay King’s 3 emitters you’d get 3 separate spot beams all coming off at angles from the center. To combine the images into one beam requires each emitter to have its own lens. The only light I can think of that has this is the LED Lenser X21. I’ve never seen a budget light that does this.

They say the UF-1405 will blow you away as a zoomie. Incredible throw along with nice flood, for a not so break the bank price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151531529944?\_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

or you want to go cheaper, $20 out the door? It’s awesome little brother is
the T-20
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Night-Light-UF-T20-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-3-Mode-Zoomable-Flashlight-Torch-Head-Light-/201257510223?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2edbe1e54f

I’m just looking for a zoomie that kicks butt. My first real light was an SK68 and I was amazed. Then SK98, I got a Ultrafire 2 x 18650 that zooms and rocks. I’m just looking for big bad bright zoomies. Your suggestions are great. TYVM.

- Joe

That uses a 66mm aspheric lens. Anything other flashlight with an aspheric between the UF-1405 and the UF-T20?