Is this driver programmable?

Quick question please.

I found this 6x7135 driver:

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020064

I like the fact that it has current regulation for all modes, but ideally I would prefer a bit higher Mid. Do you guys know if this is a programmable driver?
Are there other options with no PWM for lower modes?

How is it current regulated on low modes without PWM ?
I have the 4*7135 version of this one (but know nothing about programming it)

What do you mean by programmable?

Why do you want the mid higher?

I have no idea TBH. It’s in the description of the product page:

Features:

• Current regulation for all output mode (no PWM flicks even at low mode)

Also, if you have one you must know this: There’s this S1 bridge to have last mode memory. What’s the default? No memory and always start in Low or High depending on the other bridges?

I mean if I can flash the firmware with a custom one, or if it can be modded somehow to boost the amps in the Mid and Low modes

They use a PIC MCU so that would mean no.

The driver uses PWM as a form of generating modes, my measurements a while back showed 15Khz. I could even hear some buzz on med, but quite faint.

Oh bummer, that sounds to me like false advertising in that case.

Thanks

YEah, the default mode (no bridge on S1) is NO memory.
Mine always starts on high (I might change that soon, ML is really useful to not kill your night vision)

PIC microcontrollers can also be programmed just like ATMEL microcontrollers it’s just that programming ATMEL chips is far more described here on forum than doing the same procedure to PIC MCU.

Thank you. Just noticed you’re French, or you live there, my heart goes out to you all.

Anyway, I don’t get why no one comments anything about this PWM thing in the reviews or discussions.

For 5 bucks I think I’ll just get one and see how it goes

PWM is hard to measure if you don’t have oscilloscope, sometimes you can notice it by rapidly shaking flashlights in not-max mode but thats about it, you need oscilloscope to be able to measure it…

Any micro-controller can be programmed for that matter, it goes without saying.

Well, there are $15 DMM’s with duty cycle measurement, or with a simple luxmeter one can check if the lux drop is the same as the current drop.

Am I the only one who thinks a 10-20% increase in efficiency in Mid & Low modes is a nice thing to have?

So do you guys know of any driver that uses constant current regulation for all modes without PWM please?

LD2 (or LD1).

Thanks, but 5A is a bit too much, LOL

There’s a LD-25, 2.0A listed here that looks like a great option

I can’t seem to find it at any store tho, I might just pick a 4 or 5x7135 and roll with it

I think that this is what they meant by “programmable”:

That’s actually more like “configurable” I think…

If you are concerned that you will detect the PWM of that driver at 15Khz, well you shouldn't, because you cannot, quite simple as it is none of those so 60Hz 200Hz 500Hz 2Khz driver where you can actually detect it.

Oh, no, it’s not that. I was just wondering if I could maybe get current regulation instead of PWM for all the modes, for the extra efficiency, but it looks like it’s not so easy to find those drivers.

I see.

Extra efficiency for lower currents like let's say a 0.5A mode, would be a buck driver, which can convert efficiently from the 4.2Vin to the low voltage (like 2.85V) that a 0.5A output current needs, slightly simplified but that would be the extra efficient one.

Thanks for that. I’ll do some reading on this stuff and see if I can find something at Aqualab