Is This For Real

Don't hold me to any of this if it goes bad. I posted it to ask, but I figured some would go ahead and take the plunge like I did on the HID flashlight and SkyRay that the other seller I posted that got the boot. But again you never know. And if your protected it's worth a shot I guess.

Sure won't... thanks for the heads-up. We'll see what happens.

Rich

We all know that there is zero possible explanation for a seller to be selling merchandise like this at that price under these conditions. If the price were set where there was even a remote possibility that he was breaking even, then I'd probably jump on it. But why would a seller sell for a loss? Unless it's hot ... but even then, I imagine shipping would eat a lot of sale.

But like you all said, you will only have to put up with the aggravation of dealing with Ebay or Paypal and not really lose any money. I can see the temptation.

actually, that could work out quite well. one of dr. jones' drivers for mode control and a couple others for more current?

Not only does it look like one battery has vented with flame, it looks like the wrapper has melted off of that same cell and the cell closest to the foreground of the picture doesn't even look like a battery. It's not the same height or diameter as the others.

I tried it too. Can't be any worse than the You Want Led disaster.

Foy

I've paid this much for a paperweight before and I don't have one that looks like a flashlight, so I'm figuring at worst this is a win.

Well if this all works out and all of you realize the money you saved, I'll send you my name and address and you can all pitch in with your savings and show some damn appreciation and get me something. LOL!

That thar is funny I don't care who you are. Sealed

May as well get a nice XM-L bicycle light for $18 from the same seller...141 sold...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190667671303#ht_4116wt_1185

Has to be a scam

And if it all goes wrong ILFL's will help you out with a refund.

You got me there.

This is definitely a scam,he's at 9 grand already and will walk away with 15 after the 12 hours is up.all 4 auctions end nearly the same time,and same M.O. for all items higher dollar low priced items too good of a deal to pass up for the prospective buyer.the 3 days to ship from receipt of funds time is used as a "buffer" to clean out the account and end game.sorry you're donating money to a criminal.if I'm wrong I'll leave here and join CPF !! (just kidding).

Looks like about 25 have sold since ILFL's put this thread up.

Brad,

There are other consequences to bidding on all of these too good to be true auctions. Besides filing your PayPal claim, you are seriously running the risk of identity theft by giving these con artists your name, address, and phone number. Not to mention, every time you find a deal like this, you post it, then ten more people buy the item. Then a week later the guy and all his auctions get pulled from eBay.

Im not sure the "what the heck, I'll get my money back" attitude is the best way to go. That is there for when there is a problem with what you think is a legit auction. It's not meant to cover you for one that you're 90% sure is a scam.

Not to mention, saying he has all positive feedback, so he might be legit, when 14 of his 16 feedbacks are for 50 cent keychains.

Well, I didn't mean to click the final confirm but I did. I guess there is no way to cancel is there?

You may be right.

I'm still waiting on my other lights that probably I won't see. I already filed claims since ebay kicked the guy off. But we will see what happens.

Just don't pay for 14 days..you have that long to pay and if it's a scam it will all be sorted after 14 days or should be..if its not a scam then pay..

It looks like a common scam: hijack someone's account, copy over some information from other auctions, list items at very low prices, PROFIT.

For example:

I bet the 3X XM-L auction came from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4500-Lm-3x-CREE-XM-L-3x-T6-LED-4x-18650-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-Light-Car-Charger-/251012814387

The bike light auction has already been copy-pasta'd countless times.

Action cam: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-720P-Waterproof-Sport-Helmet-Action-Camera-DVR-Cam-/280859317021

Baby monitor: http://www.ebay.com/itm/7inch-2-4GHz-Wireless-TFT-LCD-Baby-Monitor-Receiver-IR-Night-Vision-Cameras-Kit-/280863787021

etc etc