Is this the Stranger Things torch? Mateminco FT01

Nealsgadgets sent a Mateminco FT01 for review.

Here is my review:

1 Thank

Nice review, not crazy about the design.

I don’t know if you know, but using firefox, chrome and Microsoft edge your website only takes up the 40% of the screen, on the left. Basically it’s not stretching itself/centering. Likely a setting somewhere, but it’s not nice to look at in that format 60% empty black screen. (IMO that is)

Nice review, great design. Driver is crap, as usual. Otherwise a must have for me.

1 Thank

How much would a better driver have cost? $1?

Thanks! I’ll look into it.

Hank adds $12 for a boost driver in his D4V2 lights. But the much better runtime and continuous output is worth it. I mean, that’s peanuts. Get a dinner somwhere and pay more than that.

Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, looks like you’re using a nice clamp setup for the beamshots in the park, what clamp are you using? I’m looking for something similar to use my lights as tasklamps.

That’s what I mean. I think everyone on this forum would pay the extra $12 added to any light.

I’m using some Small Rig clamps but I find that they sometimes twist when I want them to remain still and the rubber between the clamp can fall out when swapping flashlights.

I’ve changed it to fit the full width of the screen. Does that look ok?

Nah, lines contain too much text. Was better before.

On an Android phone was working fine !

Reverted to ~900px and centered.

I just checked out your review.

I think 900 pixels wide and centered is reasonable, but I didn't see the previous versions so I can't compare versions.

That’s good :+1:

Is there a review/test showing the performance difference between the standard and upgraded driver?

Interesting product and informative review, thanks.

But unless I miss it, you didn’t mention the price. Even if you got the product for free, I think you should have asked for the MSRP and mentioned it on the webpage. Price is such an important factor.

1 Thank

Thanks! I’ll consider commenting on the price in future reviews. I’ve just been including a link to the product page at the bottom.

It can be really helpful down the road, too, as people try to settle on selling or bargaining prices for used lights, etc.

2 Thanks