Is this too good to be true? S2+ for $8.99

Weird how shipping for 2 lights is cheaper than 1. :S

Shipping for most of these sites ia based around the total price and not the weight/size. So as you spend more the shipping gets cheaper or becomes free ect. This is why I generally save up items and place one larger order instead of a bunch of small ones.

Especially when they’ll throw in DHL shipping. Have made use of that several times at GearBest. Not sure what the minimum is ($50 - $75?), but free DHL is amazing. Once it actually ships, it gets to my house within 3 days.

I hear you, I usually assume bad service means a bad manager or supervisor. Since I figure he/she will get fired soon enough I don’t do business with them for about 6 months. If it’s still bad it’ll be years, I figure when the problem is higher up they are too slippery for the usual method.

I have to give credit where it’s due. My Gearbest order arrived today. Perfect timing too as I’m just about to leave to camp out in the desert. The light I bought is that Convoy nichia uv light, and I hope to use it to find scorpions.

going to watch these.
mine arrived yesterday.
going to get a few more.
marked s2+ u2 3b *6
performance seems to match.

U2 3B-6?

Either the bin or tint is wrong or Simon updated his bins without updating his site or Gearbest has a secret source of convoy flashlights. In Simon’s site for XM-L2 flashlights the bin for 3B tint is T6, only 1A is available in U2.

Is the light cool white or neutral white? It is really a XM-L2?

looks 5000k ish to me.
maybe a wee bit lower.
definitely not blueish.
*6 is the number of 7135.
its an xm-l2

did notice a blink followed by a flicker after setting to low.
does it every time so it might be a programming sequence indicator.does this once and not again till i cycle modes around to low again.

Of course, it is the indicator for switching between 3 and 5 modes. If you turn off the flashlight just after the blink it will switch between Low/Mid/High and Low/Mid/High/Strobe/SOS

That’s how you switch between the 2 mode groups in the old firmware - set it to low, wait for the blink and immediately turn the light off. You can switch between L-M-H or L-M-H-Strobe-SOS.

exactly what i thought.
even nicer as i seldom if ever need the blinkies.
will add 2 more 7135 and leave it alone.
a cheap light that needs no led swap.nice.

It looks like at least Snakebite received a genuine S2+ for almost half the price. :slight_smile:

I got one too, and it arrived already. It’s Genuine.

Is the driver held in by a threaded retaining ring, or soldered in place?

Got mine today.

3/5 modes driver, soldered

How can I know if it's genuine or not?

Really? Damn, I only bought 2.

Mine is here, black clicky, soldered ring, emitter appears to be identical to my other S2+ lights. The only differences are the positive spring shape and of course the # of 7135 chips is 2 fewer and the tint is less warm. Basically the same light I spent more for a few months ago.

I got the two I ordered. Great little EDC units. Basically a 18650 with a LED. But very functional.

I received the 4 i ordered. Grey with black switch cover.
For what i can tell they look genuine.

The driver has two solder points though. I haven’t compared with my old S2.