It's getting ridiculous.. I should stay away from BLF for awhile

I would like to see your collections… I know you like to buy expensive custom lights :smiley:

here u go :)

nearly 40% of them are modded by either vinh, tom e, myself and others

about a half dozen are not pictured... edcs, glovebox lights etc etc.

high res photos

Essentially, yes. It takes a tiny amount of power for the flashlight to wait for the electronic switch to be pressed. All single-switch lights with electronic switches have this drain, which can vary widely between different brands as each brand solves the design challenge differently. I was just curious if your crazy build changes the stock S10 to the point where you’d want to be able to lock the light out when you’re not using it.

If things go well, I should be able to measure the parasitic drain on this item soonish.

Can I cheat? Not shown is the giant tub of discontinued/old/random lights.

If cheating is posting nice pictures of flashlights. Then feel free to cheat as much as you want. :p

Just a reminder in case people are not aware, or have forgotten. The BIG flashlight collection thread - List your flashlight collection here!

I have not updated my collection thread in a long time. Too busy modding and playing with lights. Ive spent more than 5000$ in the last 18 months. Im spending about 1/3rd on flashlights, 1/3rd on upgrade parts and 1/3rd on batteries and chargers.

Im spending a bit extra on chargers and batteries because If I get rid of something (mostly by selling, and a little bit of gifting) I usually have to include a charger and batteries. My collection and spare parts is worth about 3500$ at the moment. Well beyond 50 lights. All modified or waiting to be modified. Around 10 quality chargers? And a pretty good amount of top notch batteries.

Im fairly sure that if I sold everything Im more likely to earn some money then to loose (due to the modifications).

Im planning to lower the value of my stuff in the autumn/winter again.

Considering the joy and $ per hour of fun. This is a very cheap hobby IMO. Dirt cheap compared to cars and such. Cheaper than most other things Ive been into.

If I wanted to quit, Id have to stay away from BLF. Or I have to get be satisfied with what I have. Currently there is always something new around the corner. Im honestly thinking im going to slow down on the spending fairly soon. When that is said, I though that about 6 months too, and about 12 months ago.... Still going strong.. Judging by all the planed mods im thinking about. I should be busy out the year. And considering all the interesting lights and deals I probably will come across in that time on BLF. Im not going to be done with my planned stuff by the end of the year due to all the added lights im probably going to buy. :D

Lol… That’s what I said to myself 6 months ago that I will quit buying and just upgrade whatever I have, but as you said… There’s alway something new or lower price than before … I told my wife I will stop buying if she buy me Niwalker nova MM 15 for my birthday, but then again now I found away to buy lights without showing PayPal statements on the bank statement. 0:)
I would love to display my lights like Calvin does… With elevated clear stand :heart_eyes:

Well for me at least,this hobby is cheaper than modifying cars or my last hobby which astronomy…. Oh boy those lenses are not cheap at all and you can’t have just one either :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you going to get the Supbeam X60M, or even the X60Mvn? Stock it's 10k lumens with three MT-G2's.

Say what??! You meant he make light that has 3 MT-Gs in it? :heart_eyes:
Oh boy… I have to contact him when I’m back from vacation… Ok maybe that’s my last light 0:)

In another forum I’m in, you can elect to exclude yourself for a period of time so you can do important things like eat and pass urine. There’s a thread where you request the amount of time off you need and the moderator will ban you for that time. So you can’t log in and get ideas about spending money!

INGENIUS!

I’m not 100% sure, but I think I saw this same post like 15 months ago.
I hope I am wrong.
Anyway, good luck with the addiction, I have not found a cure, so this is not a slam.
I am in remission right now myself.
later,
Keith

Nope, it comes with that, but apparently he's going to try to get more out of it. 3300 lumens per MT-G2 is already quite good. He might get another 1000 lumens total, or may dedome. Not really worth modding imo unless he's selling it for near regular price.

Could be, but I don't think so. I had barely started then.

Then again, there was a point I thought id only buy 5 at a maximum. :D

3x MT-G2s?? That wont do much more than 10000-12000 lumen if driven to its absolute peak.

Ill beat that easily in a normal flashlight with tint on level with 3xMT-G2s, probably better IMO.

Going to beat the crap out of my 9 XM-L tint mixed hot-rod.

Stay tuned. Someone (Oucyfoot?)might beat me to something similar though.

hmm… nice but doesn’t show the price, any idea how much this will cost? :slight_smile:
I’m still waiting for MT-G2 bike light… heck I might just mod them myself, I’m sure I think I could turn one of my bike light into the first MT-G2 :smiley:

Ive been clean for seven days. :D Not even thinking over it.

Seriously, its not an addiction. Its just a hobby I enjoy.

I have bought pretty much everything I desire. Name whatever light, I can say why I think I have something better, or which of my lights I will make into something better. Or just why its not desirable for me.

At the moment I have a few lights Im having an eye on.

Nage 4 XM-L (Terminator clone) / or real Terminator. Never had this design in a light, and I like them. Not a fan of Blackshadow anymore though. But might still consider a Terminator if the price is right.

Ultrafire SH-A4 - I have always wanted to build a 4AA hotrod. AA powered and over 1000 lumen. I think this is one of the better hosts at the moment. Ive been watching it for a long time, but no deals have come. Solarstorm might come with a light I buy instead. Im hoping something nicer will show up.

Solarstorm T3 and T4 - I like SRKs and various lights in that size. These lights looks very promising.

Eagle Eyes X6 - I like the looks, and price is not bad.

Maxtoch M12 - Could become an HD2010 replacement. But I think its overpriced unless there is a great deal on it.

LZZ-01 - Never had anything like it. Interesting mod host. I wont consider buying until there is a great deal or I have a great UI for one.

Im probably not going to buy any of these unless there is a nice deal on them, or Im getting low on lights to mod.

Sometimes new attractive lights go on sale, or sometimes lights I like go on sale, and I buy one just to mod differently compared to last time I did one. Then I keep my favorite and sell the other one.

So… I have eight Cree bulbs in my bathroom, four warm white and four daylight tint, 6400 lumens total. Fortunately, it’s on a dimmer. But when it’s turned up all the way and someone flips on the light, the universal response is to flinch away, cover their eyes, and say something like “ow”.

The X60M(vn) is almost twice that bright, and since it’s focused by reflectors it’s again several times more intense. I think this will probably go on my list of things which are officially too bright for me to own… next to the DEFT-X and Krypton laser.

Someone on that other forum said $300.

I’m not doing so well on not buying new lights lately.

Firstly, RMM’s 16340 EDC was too good to pass up. Especially with a Nichia 219B in it, and for only $22 or so… It’s like a 16340 clicky upgraded version of a L3 L10-219, for less than the L10’s price.

On that note, the brand new L3 L10C-219 was definitely too nice to pass up. The L10-219 is already nearly perfect aside from not having a screw-on clip… and the L10C adds the missing clip! Quite possibly the best EDC on the market, and not a bad price either.

And I was getting impatient for the D25A Ti 219 I ordered back in January, so I got myself a T10T NW. It turns out the T10T is actually quite a bit nicer for my purposes than the D25A, and a surprisingly good buy. I didn’t think I’d like it, but it’s very nice. Oh, and the D25A finally showed up too.

Then there was a good V11R sale for Father’s Day… ended up ordering a Mirage since my dad is still mostly using the SK-68 I gave him. I think he’ll enjoy the upgrade, since it’s one of the nicest EDCs around.

And for modding, I decided to mod a UF-T20 instead of the inferior UF-838 I currently have. So a T20 is on the way… makes a much better aspheric thrower.

… and I’m getting parts to flash attiny firmware, and an e-switch waterproof host to use as part of a special water fountain.

And finally, something really special came along, a lifetime-keeper sort of item… custom-made by a humble genius… and I just couldn’t say no. So, in the near future I should be receiving an Everett custom S10 in polished titanium.

I expect I’ll be posting detailed reviews of most of what I just listed.

So, lots of fail for me. But OTOH, also lots of win. I’m really excited about that last item. :slight_smile:

supposedly in stock and shipping by weeks end at SBFlashlights…