It's getting ridiculous.. I should stay away from BLF for awhile

Great collection. Way more than I have. I never seem to keep mine that long. Once it gets to be a shelf queen it goes up for sale and as often as not I sell them as soon as I’m done modding them. I guess I’m just more hooked on modding than collecting. But I do have about 20 lights or so right now. I would actually have way more lights and a much more impressive collection if I stopped modding and used my budget strictly for buying lights.

I’m with you on this. I have 3 BLF lights, the A8, the Mini01,and the T10 and bought the L2M and a 502B to play with P60 mods, one each M1 and C8 Convoy, and the only 2 Maglites I have kept after making. The M1 is waiting for me to add my fins to a Bucket copper pill and the C8 is waiting on inspiration. I have collected other DOA older lights to mess around in and give new life to. The drawer is my admission of addiction rather than a collection. It’s also so that when I do a giveaway I just need to ask what size, what color and hop to. I enjoy the changes rather than the display which is why they’re in the drawer and not the glass display case above it. My list is of mods to do rather than lights to buy. I certainly don’t see any more harm in this type of collection than any other. Stamps, art, cars, guns, whatever, some people like to collect things and some don’t. The best reason to quit modding would be to play more golf. I had to give up volleyball a few years ago and rock climbing is barely a memory.

If it wasn’t for this addiction/hobby, I wouldn’t know for a fact that my friends and family have a good flashlight for emergencies :slight_smile:

Thanks for the idea… I definitely need that cape holder. I hate domino effect on my lights |(

If I have to start over Again… I’ll probably going to keep less than 10… But if you ask me to choose only 50? That’s a hard question…

Btw the only reason I didn’t buy that T3 or T4 because I’m going away for a month and half for volunteer work and vacation so no one is home to accept the package :bigsmile:

But I probably won’t buy it as I have way too many SRK variants already ( 9! )
So… Enough is enough … Unless it’s $25 or less :smiley:

There are folks with all variety of collections. Flashlights, figurines, firearms, Zippo lighters, cameras, lenses, shoes, handbags, cars, trucks, knives, art, sculptures, pens, crystals, boats, motorcycles, candles, shaving razors, fishing gear, tools, bikes, glassware, watches, rugs, clocks, list could go on and on ………
I’m not even getting into folks who spend so much on horses, dogs, cats …….

My point is there are endless ways to enjoy collecting. You choose to collect flashlights. All the more power to you. :beer:

Enjoy!!!

thats got to be the biggest or one of the biggest collection out there. biggest i seen at least.
very impressive!

i would like to see jmpauls collection. i know he buys lots of expensive lights haha

I’m glad I at least chose a relatively inexpensive hobby. It would cost a lot more if I were to collect guns or cars or even video games.

Still, I recently made a change in my approach. I’m trying to focus on improving lights I already have instead of buying new ones. I make an exception once in a while if there’s something really special, but otherwise if I want something I try to make myself build it instead of buying it.

Why? Because this is a form of entertainment for me, an enjoyable way to spend time and relax. So, I’m focusing on the aspects which provide the most enjoyment over time, without the downside of accumulating too much stuff. I try to avoid having a lot of physical stuff (digital stuff is fine though).

All my lights can stand in a 1-foot square, and I’d kind of like to keep it that way. I think there are a total of about 25 or 30, not counting the ones I got specifically to use as gifts when the occasion arises. And the old ones which are obsolete but too nifty to get rid of, in a small storage box.

The thing I have trouble with is deciding which one(s) to carry on a daily basis. Some days, I leave the house with six or eight lights on me.

Keith,

How many tubes of that super lube do you end up using?

Hi Toykeeper! Just curious if you got in touch with Everett? I know you were interested in his work.

Yes, his work is worth making an exception to the no-new-lights rule. :slight_smile:

@saypat: I keep thinking how badass the Ti version would be. Hmm does your light increase the parasitic drain over the original S10? Because you can’t lockout the tail cap with the Ti versions.

start drinking heavily

It will make this addiction look like child's play

In the past year I've allowed myself to buy anything that is super giveaway priced .And then I'm allowed to buy like crazy if I want to . that makes it lots easier to buy the occasional higher dollar light and continue the madness

I’m sure I have many! :stuck_out_tongue:
But again, I didn’t mean to be rude, I was just asking… You do whatever you like. :slight_smile:

I guess you’re complaining about peoples that spend more money eating in restaurant too.
Why spend more money when they know it is same with cheaper food, will become sh*t anyway.

If the reason is to get more satisfaction, Imo, same reason why we have more flashlights than we need can be applied.
More than that, it last longer and useful too :smiley:

@toykeeper… I guess I’m not alone then :slight_smile: when we go for a walk at night, I usually bring 4-5 lights, dunno why but I just like shining at stuffs in the dark :wink:
but at least with one of the following light Niwalker MM15 or Nitecore MT26 and at least one thrower either TK61 or something smaller like Yezl Y3 ( an excellent light built by Tom E ) or Warsun CT9T also built by Tom :smiley:

Only tube I ever bought and have not used much of it. I got a decent quantity of Nyogel small shot packs and have been using that lately.
The Super lube is good stuff for other tasks as well and was very resonable at Harbor Freight.
Thanks,
Keith

DayLighter, this is more than impressive :open_mouth: Awesome collection(selection). You have a light for any situation. I can’t imagine how hard is to choose just one or two to use when needed. :smiley:

No. Eating well is a necessity and going to a restaurant is a way to socialize imo.
I never complained by the way, I just express the fact that I don’t understand. But then again, to each his own. :slight_smile:

If the man wants lots of flashlights, let him have lots of flashlights. It’s a flashlights forum for cryin’ out loud. Guys like him help push the development of led and cell technology with their passion. I guess you didn’t think of that did ya? :bigsmile:
I personally have over 200 pc games in my origin and steam collections. Am I going to have the time to play them all ? Don’t think so. But it feels nice to know they are there waiting… :cowboy_hat_face: