I've been gone a while. Trying to claw my way back.

Orsm to have you back OF. You have missed out on quite a few really cheap kitchens going for unbelievable prices. Unfortunately I have unable to get onto one myself as they keep disappearing. I reckon there is a virus gone rampant here that goes by the name sb causing this problem but unable to prove anything as yet.

Glad you’re back!

Glad to see you around again. Lots of new stuff to play with.

Welcome back Ouchy! :bigsmile:

Welcome back!

Nice to have you back here with us again

Welcome back, Ouchyfoot! :party:

The deep end is where it's at :beer:

Welcome back!

Welcome back! Looking forward to what comes out of your new workbench :-)

Sorry Steve, I'm part of the Special Task Force Hunting Down Kitchen Spammers (STFHDKS), but I will remember next time to PM them about your kitchen interest before crushing them with the SPAM-button.

Thanks guys. I’m already feeling at home.
This weekend I’ll dig up my soldering and reflow stations. Once they’re in place I’ll probably hear them calling to me.
I think I’ve got a bunch of XML2 and XPG2. Are they still in vogue, or are they passé now?
XPL were just arriving. I think I have some that I never used. Not sure what they’re best for. I guess I’ve got to do some back research.

New emitters of interest:

-XP-L Hi, which is a XP-L factory-sold without dome almost behaving like a dedomed XP-L but with predictable tint.

-Nichia 219C, performance close to XP-G2 now, but with better tint (but no 92CRI yet), very good efficiency and ultra-low Vf

-a couple of quad-die emitters with high output: XHP35, XHP50, XHP70. For great walls of light, but difficult to make into a nice beam because of donut-hole problems.

-(personal favorite) XP-E2 'Torch' , a bit cooler than normal XP-E2, a bit brighter, and running a bit more amps, all not revolutionary but (if I'm not mistaken) it is the led with highest lm/mm2 on the market.

You buried these items? Wow, hope there not to rusty.

Sorry, it sounded funny to me.

Glad to see you are well and back!!! I do not think you missed as much as what BLF missed while you were MIA. ;)

You may be aware but Kronos has a couple nice GB's going - especially this: Stainless X6 with Copper pill and 100% Copper X5 (downsized X6 for 14500)

WB

hai 2 u

welcome back - i am looking forward reading your posts.

Yes, jump back in with style. Check out krono’s group buy, it is amazing.

Hey there! Great to see you Ouchy!

nice to have you back!

Welcome back Ouchy. Really great to have you around again. :)