Jacob A60 OUT OF STOCK

I have 1 of these…

Still need to mod it. Got it for around $20 in a shipment from Supfire. I’ll try to give more feedback on the light soon, photos, measurements etc. As far as I can remember, the quality is good…

Edit: I dislike the red tail switch boot! Supfire claims they can supply the boots in black :slight_smile:

Always looking to learn something. As a last resort have cleaned reflectors with dish soap, alchol and compressed air but never polished any. What is your trick?

Herewith some pictures of the Supfire X60. I now just need a 26mm MTN-MAXlp HP PCB

Edit: Quality is good. Unfortunately the light does not turn on, seems like the LED is dead. My preference is definitely a MTN-MAXlp HP, but I’ll mod the light with a FET driver in the meantime, probably only early next year. The Convoy C8 LED centering ring fits very close to perfectly in the reflector. I like clean beam profiles - if its the case here, it should be a great light for modding. Curious to see what figures it will produce. I should measure the height of the reflector. Its more wide than what its deep.

I’ve modded the Supfire X6 with a 26mm FET driver, 20 gauge wire, braided springs, dedomed XM-L2 U4. Measured 4.9 amps at the tail with my Fluke 374 True-RMS AC/DC Clamp Meter using a LG HG2. Got an estimated 1360 lumens and 243kcd (measured at 6.2m).

Heat management extremely good. LED focus perfect with the standard LED spacer. Big hotspot, very little corona, very very slight single ring in the beam. I hate ringy beam patterns, this one passes my standards. Almost cannot see the ring. Edit: Measured 40 degrees celsius after 3 minutes.

The light has a really thick/big hotspot, which I like. I’ve fiddled with thinner LED spacers, not worth it, the standard one works excellent. Makes this a very ‘practical’ thrower (if I can put it like that) with 980m on tap.

Richard agreed to a 26mm PCB on the MTN-MAXlp HP. Looking forward to getting that in this light. The light is quite a bit “heftier” than an A60.

Sorry but your images dosen’t work.

Thanks for pointing that out. Apologies… Should work now.

:open_mouth:

Prove me wrong :open_mouth: Jacob A60 REDUX Project

Just received two today
1 stock and man oh man how that throws
The other one needs a led still contemplating about what to use.
I feel honored to be able to play with them O (edit under score capital O under score does not give a smiley I expect do.read that instead of the O please /edit)