Jacob A60 OUT OF STOCK

Yes but please tell us where did you ordered it from? :)

I’m betting the jing Ge version on Ali

OK guys, here is an update. It seems that Jacobs is no longer, but Jing Ge and CoFly took over their products. I don’t think Jing Ge is in business any longer. I see CoFly products listed that actually say Jacob. It’s a typical mess as to who is making what.

The only A60’s I can find are the ones here on AliExpress sold through PandaOutlets and they do take Paypal.

The A10 that was mentioned earlier, I found it for sale. It is selling as a KX-A10 which is a CoFly item number. About the only place I can find it is at Light in the Box for $29.99 and it is only in the bronze color. Seems like it is the same reflector as the A60, but I don’t know if I’d pay $30 for it.

There was also a C20 mentioned in post #10, I have found it for sale. I appears to be a little different from the A60. The A60 is listed as a 55.6mm bezel and the C20 is listed as a 54.8mm bezel. The C20 has an E-switch and a charging port (yuck). I’m ordering one just to play with. They are for sale at GeekBuying for $9.99 ($8.49 with coupon code LIGHT15) with free shipping. Non Aff Link / Aff Link

Thanks for sorting out this whole mess, now we know what happened with Jacob & now recently with Jing Ge.

I hope it means that CoFly will continue to sell light in the “Jacob A60” class for similar money in the future.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jacob-A60-Cree-Q5-3-Mode-310LM-White-LED-Flashlight-w-Strap-Black-1-x-18650/1755424796.html

Just got the light in today. Modded it with a dedomed xpe2 I had lying around. Have it hooked up direct drive and it’s pulling right around 2.4A with an old FM laptop pull and no tailcap mods… I find that the lens on this thing is AWFUL though as it’s cutting 15% light transmittance! Without the lens, I’m seeing (unbelievably) 210k lux calculated back from 4.75m. My dedomed XM-L2 Yezl Y3 is ‘only’ coming in around 196k but that’s with the factory un-coated lens installed… haven’t investigated that ones efficiency yet.

To sum up what I think about the light?
I’ll likely never buy a C8 again.
This is my first A60… and won’t be the last.

wow wow, A60 is absolutely a thrower. Does the reflector hole fit XPL?

Nice JaredM :slight_smile: and that’s why the Jacob A60 is loved as the budget king of pocketable reflector throwers :wink:

I looked for a while like they where gone, good we have found another stock.

Yes WWEFANS, i haven’t done it yet myself but i think it should fit an dedomed XP-L, i know they have even fitted xm-l2’s in it but then i think you have to open up the reflector.

Does anyone know where we can find a suitable replacement lens of better quality?

I know the UCLp AR lens from flashlightlens.com is probably the highest performing option out there, unfortanatly quite expensive + shipping to Europe.

What size is the Jacob A60 lens?

50mm, I have this:

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S004327

Very good lens :slight_smile:

Thanks gaston01 :slight_smile:

That looks like a really nice affordable lens, do you think you could measure how much losses we get with it, by measure it like JaredM did, without the lens & with it on?

And how is the AR quality, does it change the beam tint anything noticeable?

I ask because I ordered some smaller AR lenses from kaisdomain before, that had visually lower transmittance than the the stock plain glass lens.

You are welcome, the original lens of my A60 were very bad, not really seemed transparent, despite being clean looked dirty…. with lens of the link win about 15 kcds in my full mod A60, not notice changes in tint with a naked eye…
On the contrary, all the multilayers AR lenses purchased from Kaidomain they were of excellent quality…

One look at the copper pill :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info :slight_smile: I will order one.

Nice copper pill in the A60, it is the first i have seen here, have you drilled out the aluminium shelf & dropped in a copper pill instead?

My plan is to press fit a 20mm star to the pill to get some better heatsinking.

Yes those are right numbers for properly done Jacob. Crazy little flashlight

Does stock driver on this ali version still pulls 2,2A?

Unfortunately I didn’t get a tailcap reading before I tore into it… nor stock lux. Sorry guys. Bad habbits I guess. I’ll measure the next one.

I stripped the driver, drilled a hole in the center, and soldered a wire straight to the brass spring cover/cap. I only used 24 AWG and wasn’t to picky about cutting it very short, as I figured it’d be fairly easy to over power the little XPE2 (which it is). I usually run these single cell throwers DD, but I may end up putting in a 6 or 7*7135 driver in… who knows.

I should also mention that the reflector isn’t the easiest to work with, and max lux happens with it pulled over a millimeter away from the die. Also, be careful tightening the bezel/head back on once you get the right stack up, as the plastic reflector can warp and skew the beam. The emitter hole opening is standard XM-L / XRE size so no modding is required to fit anything smaller than that

I am glad, I hope achieve your expectations :wink:

Thanks, yes the original pill were emptied on the lathe, and a copper core was placed…

I also use a 20mm star, I’ll show you some pictures of the lens so you see the AR treatment :wink:

The Jing Ge A60 aka the Jacob A60, just got it in, and the packaging is surprising to say the least

No charger or battery came with it in you were interested
I’ll test this light later, maybe when I get a replacement for the horrible lens, and compare it to some other lights

Please check stock tail readings (it should have hi-mid-strobe, but it should alway start on high mode by default after 15-20 sec of reset time)

Yes... Surprisingly well packed as you said :)

Maybe Jing Ge is original and Jacob is a clone.

BTW Jacob is really out of stock now. Aliexpress does not carries them any more.

That is bad news :frowning:

I was under the impression that they had plenty of stock, but they have only 10 orders, so that was most certainly not the case at all.
I hope Cofly or who ever there are who now are responsible will make some more, and hopefully a Javelot clone :wink:

I have been playing with mine & started to mod it, and so far i really like it :slight_smile:
Very gritty threads, but with some organic raw coconut oil on them, they are really smooth & nice now.

@gaston01 or anyone that has modded these, do you have any tips on the optimal focus point for a XP-G2 in the Jacob A60 reflector?

And have anyone succeeded in upgrading the square noname switch with a better one? I have some ideas & i think it could be done, because it is plenty of room it the tail section. And i don’t trust that noname switch at all for max amp throughput.

About focus point you'll best find it by yourself at white wall. I think no one can define optimal focus point for this light?

Stock switch is very good but I am looking forward for your mods on this light.

Dear Lord I still cant believe that it is not available. If I only new that will happen I would bought 100pcs of them