Jacobs A60.... Most fun you can have for $15 with your clothes on...

What batteries did you use in the 2010??

Eagletac 2500mah protected cells. Even then it pulls over 4 amps at the tail cap. I tried an AW Imr but it pulled over 5 amps then and that scared me so I pulled it back out. I also tried a 4sevens 26650 and again over 5 amps so was afraid to run it for fear of burning it up. The east92 driver is apparently direct drive on high. When tested on our light box it started out at 1030 lumens but ended up at 770 after 30 seconds. That can’t be good for it. My Keygos Ke-5 also has the east92 driver and is direct drive on high. It started out at 1150 lumens and ended up 950 after 30 seconds. These numbers are too high for a t6 emitter imo, not that I don’t love them but just fear for the emitter safety. The Keygos was tested on an unprotected Panasonic 3100.

You were exactly right… The A60 has a tighter brighter beam than the Fandyfire HD 2010…. Never would have expected that.

It’s even more fun with your clothes off! Try thus: get nekid, go outside with A60, run around town yelling “I’m Luke Skywalker.” You’ll be amazed at all your new friends. A couple of them will even give you a nice orange jumpsuit and a few months free room and board.

That worked the first few times… My neighbors have become desensatized to my antics.

Yes, I initially saw 3.2a on a direct drive a60, I reduced the wire size a touch, let it settle around 2.8 - 2.9a on unprotected Samsung cells.

The person I did it for was very happy as he wanted it as a gun light.

I hopefully have one inbound which will be getting the same abuse
Carefull modification… I have other lights for low and strobe? We don’t do……strobe. :bigsmile:

I never would have thought the A60 would best the HD…

I have some pretty nice lights like the tn31, tk75, 7g5 v1 and have access to a btu , sr90 dedomed, even a tn31mb but I really believe the little jacob brings more smiles to my face than any of these other lights. It is just impressive and to me at least a blast to play with.

I was on the fence about this light but after reading this it is definitely going on my next DX order.

I walk around the house shining it all over….

i wonder how an xpe2 on copper sink pad at 3.5a would do in this :wink: you could even de-dome it…. that is if you have small fingers… the xpe2 die is tiny

I said exactly the same some hours ago in the other thread, but seems like nobody tried it

not sure anyone even cares to mod them…. I am very happy with mine stock…

I think I will try soon, as its very easy. The star is not even glued to the flashlight. If something goes wrong, is extremely easy to ga back to the original

I'm getting 81 kcd on my Jacob, running a regulated 2.45A, measured but did just updated the emitter from the Q5 stock to an R2 from FastTech no less... The R2 from FT is an EZ1000 and comes mounted on a 16mm star. I'm also measuring 360 lumens @start, 346 lumens @30 secs. Of course my HD 2010 out throws it at 91 kcd with the XM-L2 U2 1C on a SinkPAD, measuring 3.7A or so.

I do believe the new EZ1000 Q5's and R2's can do higher amps. Though I got 2.45A regulated, I measure 2.50A with a fresh Panasonic 2900. I betta if I added another 7135 I'd get it up to 85-90 kcd. I'm using the 20 mm AK47 board from I-O here. Same I did for maxnbuggy1, but his I tipped out at 2.8A (goin triple stacked ).

I wonder if there would be a focus issue withe the xpe2 like there is with the xpg2?

I just ordered one from aurabuy for $12.92 with coupon code happynewyear. I can’t wait to try it out. I have a C8 with a Q5 that I am not impressed with, but I have to think given the reviews here that it’s got to be pretty good.

Drive that c8 a little harder and you will be impressed. It still won’t beat the Jacob because of the smaller reflector but driven properly or should I say overdriven properly it will still reach out and touch someone. Lol.

I’ll give it a try. How much can I drive it? It’s already de-domed.

Short version of long story: I don’t have my bookmark of the various LEDs and their readings at various currents, but I know that XR-E is not pushed to 2.8A on those charts and graphs. Is there a newer version of this information that I don’t know about? I was worried about feeding them 2.1A, but if I can give ’em 2.8A? Sheesh. How does it affect the lumens/lux to drive them that hard? Is there a new point of diminishing returns? How new are we talking? Is there a way to tell new vs. old?

Please point me in the right direction if these questions have been summarily answered.