Jetbeam JET-UV Testing and price

For those uv markings in geocaching, you do notnecessarily need 365nm light, 400nm is fine too and there’s some very cheap 400nm lights that probably put out more light as well as being throwier.
Example: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1358900

The Nichia 365nm Diode is very efficient so it will perform better than most other cheap 3W LEDs
It is also 200mA overdriven so you get about 1W of uktraviolet light

There are good UV LEDs but most lights use cheap ones not performing well

The S2+ is quite throwy with the Nichia Diode as the emitter surface is very small but as the reflector is not very deep you get plenty of spill

Is this led 365nm ?
http://s.aliexpress.com/ZFBBJreQ

I already ordered one :person_facepalming: :smiley:

Nah that LED is defiantly different. This LED looks like a smaller XML with the lines running through the LED. You can also see two bonding wires. I will find my magnifier and take a pic. Hahaha only i would have a dirty joke to say about that!

Hahaha
That’s why I bought it,
it looked different from other 3535 leds :person_facepalming:
God willing When I receive it I’ll test it and post the results here
Greetings :smiley:

The output of those chinese 365nm leds is usually ok but they emit quite some white light too. And there are better emitters if you look for them.

You have sold me on the UV S2+ djozz lol
I dont even need it but now i want one!

Don’t forget to order such a cheap zwb2 filter with it for even better performance :innocent:

The convoy is hard to say no to, even if u dont need it its such a cool flashlight most should have it :stuck_out_tongue: the jetbeam is cool tho cant wait to get it.

but 365nm has way cooler effect, i have a cheap ultrafire host 400nm and its not as nice as true UV light if u ask me.

Hello,
Thanks for the Video and the other Helpfull answers.
I have actually a cheap <1,5€ 9 LED UV Lamp (3xAAA), the UV Markers i see good with that.
But the Performance in a Few meters is even low. So i write in the Thread.
The Jet-UV is Nice but i think that its not the right lamp for more Performance after the Video.
The 365nm hav all good UV Lamps? the S2 has 365nm…

But a amazon offer today a 51 Led for 11€, i have buy one. Lets see if it better…
(395nm)

@everydaysurvivalgear: Those australian $5 bills are real nice!

BTW: the code still works…
Should i buy or should i pass…?
Can’t help it! i ordered one. :person_facepalming:

I done a proper review on it now you can check that out. I like it but i am no UV expert. The code should still work.

I had a similar 365nm 3W flashlight, compared to the S2+ with Nichia LED it performed very weak, so I sold it on Ebay.

I also used djozz custom copper board for the S2+ Nichia, cant measure it but it should perform even better than with the thin aluminium stock star
At 700mA the S2+ is a bit overdriven so a better star is definately a good idea

With the S2+ I can see UV signs easily with some daylight in the room pointing the light on it from over 1 meter

its been over 30 days and still no sign of mine :frowning:

Its not just you i am waiting for stuff from the beginning of November.

Mail has been very slow during end of year holidays over here…
My Jet UV just shipped.

Mine just arrived, pretty cool light and you can easily spot dust….everywhere!

One question I have on the Uv LED light is: is it dangerous to our eyes? I looked directly to it as its not a very bright light, can it cause any vision issues?

Never look at the LED !
Plus, if you use the light for extended time you should wear protective glasses.
Every brand might be good, because they all filter UVs

Blue and UV have been implicated in promoting cataracts, so it’s generally a Bad Idea to go staring at UV lights.

Even from incidental shining it around in a dark room, I get kind of headachy.