Just bought a HD2010 then realise the pictures doesn't have logo

Thanks! Just informed FastTech of my decision and gave them some money. Hope they arrive soon! :slight_smile:

Wrong forum?

I bought 2 TMART no-logo 2010's (gifted one), and I got friends that bought another 4-5 TMART no-logo versions, all without a problem. They all love the light. They are all using 18650's, I'm using KumaBear 26650 KK's and mod'ed with U3 1C and 4.1A driver. Mine hasn't gotten much stress, so no problem w/batteries, though of course my driver spring is changed somewhat better.

Intriguingā€¦ and how improved is the throw with this mod??? :wink:

Well, wish I knew... Didn't have a light meter at the time, and though I got one now, still experimenting with lux/kcd measurements. I could try to borrow a stock HD 2010 and compare them now, would be interesting... It's a crazy output light, but wondering if the direct drive old driver at 4+A or even 5A could compare to my regulated 4.1A now. It can't compete with my 3.9A 7G9 - that's a throw beast.

Oh - I put in a brass pill, press fit into the large HD 2010 aluminum pill, and put in 5 5/8" 18 gauge copper discs, soldered together, then thermal epoxied in there!

well, i randomly chanced upon this HD2010 which has 3 LEDs!!

anyone can confirm this is a fake or clone or anything?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/LED-Flashlight-UltraFire-HD2010-4000LM-5-Mode-Free-Shipping/612118_662687769.html

[quote=radiancez567]
well, i randomly chanced upon this HD2010 which has 3 LEDs!! anyone can confirm this is a fake or clone or anything? http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/LED-Flashlight-UltraFire-HD2010-4000LM-5-Mode-Free-Shipping/612118_662687769.html
[/quote
]

These flashlights have poor heatsinking.

+1 - Heard the same thing, to stay away... Can't recall details, but since this is a decent size head, wonder if there's something not too crazy that you could do to improve it.

My HD2010 arrived today, without logo! Somehow something was wrong with the driver because mine only has high mode.

But the light is amazing and Iā€™m fine.

Mine just arrived 2 days ago! Came with no logo too and can only be turned on High, doesnā€™t have the 5 modes. Today after a few minutes of usage, the light just went off by itself and itā€™s dead. Opened up and cleaned but no more working!

Requesting a RMA from Tmart now. Hopefully it gets through and get one with LOGO! (Dislike flashlights without logo)

Do they refund your shipping cost back?

I bought 2 HD2010s from Tmart (no logo) and like ā€˜em a lot. I use 18650 batts in mine. No probems so far. I read that theyā€™re direct drive on high and it could blow the driver or LED if using the higher current capacity 26650 batts. Not sure about this, ā€¦ just sayinā€™ what I read on another thread here ā€¦

i got mine from tmartā€¦ it works fine and is currently being upgraded to xml2 direct drive neutral :slight_smile:

heatsinking is decent but not great imo.

careful with 26650, high mode is direct drive and if you use 26650 imr you can quickly fry the emitter.

TomE
Iā€™ve been eyeing the 7G9 as wellā€¦ Is yours modded?? I hear it a great thrower!!

The light is a tank and a thrower, and yes, it's modded. Actually I didn't do the original mod, but it was done at 4.56A I believe, and using a KD V2 driver - had problems, so I replaced the driver - now it's at 3.8A and no more problems - added a brass pill inside for a clean mount for the 17mm driver, so good ground, good thermal path for the driver. Don't have much in throwers to compare myself, but it does beat the Jacob A60 in throw with, of course, a whole lot more light.

Plan is to figure it out how to get access to the emitter - think the front end is glued, once I can do that, I'll look at mounting an XM-L2 U2 (I have) on a copper 20mm SinkPAD star which has LED direct to copper (on order). I'll also look at what else can be done to improve the thermal path, and then beef up the amps once again, maybe to 4.2-4.5A.

I think the light is a steal at $80 - some people find the fwd clicky and lack of memory a pain for a high end light -- of course the driver upgrade eliminates the mode memory issue, and I don't mind the fwd clicky so I left it as is. Also I improved the feel of the tailcap button by making the rubber boot tighter to the button so it's not so hard to press. The 7G9 is maybe an older style without much in bells&whistles (no variable brightness, no side switch, etc.). But when it runs now, or even at 4.5A, it just doesn't get warm much at all! It's made from a solid chunk of aluminum and brass on the inside and seems to manage emitter heat well.

But but butā€¦

This is supposed to be a 26650 flashlight isnā€™t it?

Why would using a 26650 battery blow the driver or cause any damage to the flashlight?

Well..... That's the problem with these direct drive lights - you think it's a great flashlight because it's initially very bright, looks great, however in reality, you are going way beyond what it's designed for. For the HD2010, it's a compounded problem because even relatively cheap 26650 batteries (like TrustFires 5000's) put out a lot of amps, stressing the design. Maybe there are cheaper 26650 batteries out there, I don't know, that can't drive much in amps that would be safe to use with this light.

I got mine yesterday and yeah, for sure, do not use 26650 without changing the driver. I put in a 26650 for a few seconds to measure the current; 6.23A. And thatā€™s not a good 26650 either. Crazy. No way an aluminum sinked XM-L can survive those currents for long.
Stick with 18650, or change the driver.
Mine has the 5 modes though and it is built well. Ano isnā€™t perfect, threads good. My emitter isnā€™t perfectly centered, but that doesnā€™t matter; that guys will be swapped out for a much higher flux bin on copper soon enough :wink:

Got mine running 4.0A regulated w/U3 1C, so safely running a KK 26650, well, could be debated whether 4A is safe... Waiting for the SinkPAD copper to arrive, than it goes in with an XM-L2 U2!

Ditto :wink:
Gonna have to slice up the 20mm sinkpad thoughā€¦ itā€™s a16mm star in the HD2010.

Looked at my HD2010 last night - you're right, but it's not a tight fit for a 16mm, and actually I didn't do a good job of centering the U3 1C I got in there now, so a shaved down copper 20mm may be better way to go.

Actually I got the HD2010 running at 4A, but my LightMalls C8 @3.8A w/U3 1C does much better in lumens measurements (995 vs 750), but the HD2010 throws better of course. This match's up well with rdrfronty's results here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/11719. Seems like the HD2010 throws out a lot more light than what I'm measuring...