Just ONE and Chuck The Rest :O

ONE!!??
I am not Married so I don’t have to play this game.

But, if I was and HAD to choose one….
I would have to go with my tried and true, well tested & survived it all. Use it everyday. Simple to use, easy to carry.
Bright enough to reflect Eyes in a field. Common battery.

ThruNite Ti2 AAA

I don’t need another Log in my pants. :smiley:
even if I could trade them all, and pick a New one. I wouldn’t give up something that works everyday for the past 4 years. Maybe more.
I have other lights available at all times but the Lil AAA is what gets used 98% of the time. I just can’t get myself to pick another light that I do not choose to use EVERYDAY. If the batt dies I will get another out of my pack and in the same pouch are other options like modded wf502B, S2+, A6… But I get another Eneloop and go, leaving the others behind.

Choice is made as the world exists Now. SHTF, end of word choice would be different. But would be common battery.

2.8 amp convoy S2 with a 5C XML and a pocket clip .

Pocketable , good mix of flood and throw , excellent tint , good selection of modes .

Probably a Convoy X3 (I’d have to buy it first) since it can use both AA and 18650 and 26650 batteries.

There cannot be only One

ZebraLight H602w 18650 XM-L2 Flood Headlamp Neutral White

The PFlexPro M1 I won here in a giveaway last year. Bulletproof, plenty of modes and big enough while being small enough, though by no means tiny. The whole reason I picked this one when I won it. 18650 is the right choice for me, but not for everyone…

Thankfully this is all theoretical.

My Olight S15R. It can run on a AA alkaline if need be and works well on the 14500.

Just to be different. Ultrafire C3 SS. Bomber of a light. But this really is a stupid question, it’s like asking what will you do when the meteor hits. Someday aliens will find a high concentration of lithium along with the calcium from my bone ash in some not so random layer of sediment.

There would have to be two and you’d have to pry one of them from my cold dead hand to get me to have just one. My BLF A6 is potent and versatile but my modded C8 makes it look puny at longer distances with enough spill to handle close-up work if it has to. I can’t narrow it down any further than tha right now, but if I could tweak the A6 toward somewat more throw then that would be my one.

Phil

Hmm. Hard. Very hard. I think I choose my last build Eagle Eye X6 with triple XP-L V6 3D leds and BLF A17DD driver. It has lot of spill but has the punch to see father than an S2+. And it is smaller than a C8.

Dear Witterings,

How DARE you!

Thinking about this I started shivering and my wife and children had to calm me down. I will do my best to pretend this is some sick joke…

How can you sleep at night thinking of a world with only one flashlight. That is not a world I want to live in. Good day. :disguised_face:

I……I can’t…. :person_facepalming:

I could probably whittle it down to 10 plus 5-10 backups/shelf queens. 1 is just not feasible.

Just WHAT

Cheers David

Also a great choice.

I hate to admit, but I’d probably also go with a good 1-AA. The availability of batteries is too important of a factor to ignore. Besides being very portable, when tucked into a Nitecore-style headband they make thoroughly acceptable headlights.

Specifically? My old, but upgraded Fenix L1P. I have plenty of spare parts to keep it running for decades if need be, and it’s never let me down.

I guess I’d just have to trade all my other lights for a small mountain of lithium primaries so I wouldn’t have to mourn them in the dark.

Zebra SC5w. Small, efficient, one AA battery that is almost anywhere found

My first reaction would be to keep my EDC, well because it’s a true gem and versatile light : Olight S1-ti with a 7A emitter…
But for battery compatibility, maybe that Thorfire TG06 (219C) would be a better choice…
Wait, 18650 batteries are the first reason of my flashaolism, I HAVE TO choose a 18650 light ! My S2+ triple 219C FET driven with that sweet moonlight and OVERKILL turbo !
No, no, let’s be responsible here, ONE you said ? Oh my, I can’t, I have the shivers just thinking of throwing my SR mini (what a beast !)or even that sweet C8 (how can someone think of not owning at least one ?) FET driven with XP-L HI and smooth reflector !

You have to be more specific, what is it ? Do the aliens finally reached us ? Will I be a lost soul condemned to live in the woods ? My C8 would be great then…
Or is the Walking Dead suddenly a reality ? Do I have jeans or shorts ? I would think is such a scenario, that AAs aren’t really available anymore and maybe it’s better to have your own high capacity 18650 along with a solar charger (which I have) to be autonomous and have longer runtime.

Ok this is a torture, how can you ask this in a poor flashaolic community ?

Ahem sorry, Olight S1 will make it…

1?
My modded SRK
Now 3*XML2 NW
RMM v2 driver with moon
Baked to make it shiny silvery.

I have to do the wiring again on it
And while doing so plan on spring bypass.

Nice tint, nice flood yet still throw. Long runtimes

Easy. Richard’s S3 EDC Triple with 219C. Amazingly versatile with mode groups and unlimited programmability from the DrJones H17F driver. True moonlight but super bright when needed, great tint and nice smooth beam all in an EDC sized light.