Just ordered a Maxa Beam

Ya the LEPs are definitely cool. I have some beamshots where I shined my Owleyes for miles off the top of a 40 story building at night. But I can’t think of many actual use cases for such a narrow beam. Might as well use a laser :slight_smile:

I talked to a guy on another forum who rigged up a big 12 volt battery in a backpack for his Maxa. He said he goes on hikes for 4+ hours and leaves it on full blast the entire time.

By the way, Peak was kind enough to give me a discount. I think it was 5 or 10%. I can give you their contact info if anyone needs it.

The folks at Peak give me a 10% Veterans discount. That and the best customer service I’ve experienced in many years make it easier to spend my limited budget on their products and services.

My DIY 15ah power pack delivers 1.9 to 4.8 hours of run time depending on power level and cost me a little under $200 with the charger. It’s about the same size as a MB pack, and is 1 lb lighter.

The 20 year old MB Nicads still deliver their rated power when fresh off the charger, but do lose quite a bit of their capacity after just a few days off the charger.

2 Thanks

Impressive