Just ordered a Tank007 and some Eneloop batteries.

conanthewarrior, I was expecting nothing less than this from you:

:slight_smile:
Eneloops & tank007 e09 are great choices btw!

I thought the size of your flashlight did not reflect on anything? I have no idea why I like the AAA realm so much. I have been kicking around getting one of these Tank007 E09, let us know what you think when you get it in…

I have one and that is one bright flashlight for the money up to this day. Great build quality. Regretted member Kreisler had a great review about it and it is what got me sold on it. Puts out over 100 lumens on high but only for 30 mins. Has a low and medium mode too! In fact, just used it about 3 days ago when I had to do a water tank / piping inspection at night on my house _

Haha Oh dear that is great! I already have ordered a flashlight for Indoor/outdoor when I remember(This is why I got the keyring torch, whenever you need one will be the day I don’t have it, whereas I always have my keys on me) to use it, I got some advice on another forum and the cheapest and best for me was the Convoy S2+ as I have many 18650 IMR batteries (samsung 25R) through vaping, so I got a torch that took them as I already had the batteries.

I also own a very safe nitecore charger, it cost a bit more but I think safety is more important.

I did buy a cheap UltraFire battery for 99p that is on the way from China, but after seeing the explosions that can happen, I may just recycle it.
I bought it as a Joke as it said it was 6000MAH and I knew that was impossible in a 18650, even the top manufacturers can’t manage that. They was claiming a good discharge rate and 6000MAH!

(EDIT: Sorry very dumb moment, the name of the torch is written on the side in massive letters lol)What is the torch in that picture? I tend to have an odd habit of buying more things than I really need and collect things,for example a few months back I got into yoyo’ing, I have 8, I also recently got into darts, I have 12 sets(4 are brass, 8 are high quality tungstens).

Tank007 E09 it’s a great flashlight, it ’s very compact, and excluding the Ti3 it’s one of the most bright (and cheap) on AAA
I love mine…it’s sooo small!!! You won’t regret it at all…

Uh oohh, get away from here, now, this forum does not exist, erase your memory, click your old incan Solitaire onto your keychain and just think of what a fine small handy light it is!

(or if all fails : join my 5000 posts giveaway (ends tomorrow) and win another nice keychain light)

Listen to Djozz!! Run, don't stop!

By the way, how many girlfriends do you have?

ChibiM, if he were collecting girlfriends, he wouldn’t have the time, the money, or the interest in collecting anything else! :bigsmile:

Hahah, just the one Fiancee, I am not allowed to collect them unfortuneately :wink:

But, I am already here and I think its too late. This new world is interesting me, finding out what a driver is and a bin, so much more to torches than I thought there was. I just thought of them as devices that emit light, but they seem to be more than that to me now. Hopefully I don’t buy too much lol.

I so, so know exactly what you mean. A couple of years ago I decided to purchase a pocket knife. Now I have hundreds of pounds worth of blades and know the difference between hollow grinds and skandi grinds and 01 and D2 metals etc. Torches have proven to be exactly the same in depth and breadth. So much to learn, collect and play with.

That does not bode well for me if there is lots to learn. I enjoy learning, and will purchase something if something is even slightly different lol.

I also have a Tank 007 E09 on the way. I was fairly happy with my Fenix E05 but my sister wanted it.

Now you can see how the system works- whether you need that new light or not you can find a really good reason to get it anyway!

Phil

I think it is a wise idea to EDC a keychain light like the Tank007 E09. I have one and it is a nice little light and very handy. I ordered the ‘red’ one which is actually more pinkish. So when it arrived and my wife saw it…well, it’s now her EDC keychain light :wink:

But I’m happy to know she has a good light available to her.

I think you’ll be happy with the Tank.

How long does it usually take to the UK from gearbest-the shipping says it has left Shangai, so I guess it is either on the way or in the UK, it went through a few post offices before shangai.

How are the post offices in G.B. these days? Years ago they were really lousy in some places. I have a buddy there that ordered some ferro rods a few months ago and as far as I know, he’s still waiting. Not saying that will be the case with your light. But you’d think in the 21st century they’d have found a better way by now.

My latest Gearbest purchase arrived today(ordered 1 June) but not always this rapid.

Delicious blue! http://www.gearbest.com/survival-emergency-gear/pp_188815.html Gearbest reduced the price last Saturday with coupon GB704 so I had to order the red version as well :santa:

Welcome to the mad house!

But it’s on alkys for now. I have some 10440’s and a charger on the way. Not eneloops but they should be OK for now and I will upgrade later on. The Tank007 E09 has already replaced the Fenix E05 which had been on my keychain. A definite winner for me so far!

I like “high” being the first mode and this is a lot throwier and brighter overall too. The color is a little hotter and the PWM definitely visible in all modes but not so bad as to bother me as some lights do.The threads on mine were dry and gritty, a tiny dab of wheel bearing grease (all I have ATM) and now it’s smoother than aerospace grade hardware. I didn’t like the ring attachment; too small and weak-looking, so I swapped that for a heavier one that sticks out to one side solidly but it still ‘pockets’ fine on my keychain. I may drill the tailcap for a better arrangement if this proves to be a problem. Cost was around 40% more than the Fenix but I think it’s well worth that because it’s a lot more light in a very similar-sized package though both are excellent quality lights, I’d say about equals in that regard.

This is an EDC keychain light for me, and my EDC gear takes a beating. I want only total reliability above all else for EDC, and if I can’t kill it then it will never die unexpectedly on anyone else. I didn’t carry the Fenix long enough to say for sure about it’s durability and my sister wants it so I’ll never know there, but I think this one is going to hang around a long time- it sure seems that way ATM.

Phil

the E09 is just great. Sure there is better but not at this price. I had a fenix E00 for a long time and I paid it like 3 time the price of E09 back then.

Eneloops and tank007 are great choices!

In my area they are really good, I usually get things the next day they are posted. I am sending some darts(Play darts, swapping on a forum) tommorow, they should be with him next day or latest saturday(we get saturday post in the UK).