Emisar D3AA is available now

Checked with Hank. This B35AM D4SV2 is using a 12V/2A boost driver, just like the XHP35 HI driver used on DM11. The four emitters are configured as 2S2P, meaning 6V/1A per emitter.

Very tempting. Seems like the B35AM potential using this driver is very underdriven given the maximum constant rating of the LED for B35am is 1.8 amps. Ideally would be using a 3.6 A 12v driver for nearly twice the power.

The 6V boost driver is 3.6A which would result in 0.9A per emitter, so the XHP driver is slightly more current per emitter. Can’t expect a new driver, just for a batch this small.

Checked a single B35AM @1.05A (Convoy 3A driver at 35%) and that’s not too bad at all (indoor). And there’s 4 of them in the D4Sv2, so…

Is switch backlight possible on the B35AM D4SV2?

Yes, it’s possible, just let us know the order number, it will be fine.

My pocket just got damaged this morning due to Hank. 3000k mix with 4000k.

Yea, my pocket too, four 2700k is the right for my night table ;-)

I just promised myself earlier this week that I don’t need a D4Sv2 because it uses 26650 batteries…

Oh well, B35AM 2700K and 3000K mix,
I already have a 3000K B35AM DM11 and I find it slightly too cold sometimes, this should be the perfect mix!

I persuaded myself for 12 hours that i didn’t wanted it, then someone ask if we could have led on the switch . That killed me . Here comes the 2700K .

How come you guys go too low up to 2700k?

I experiment with all K’s . My other d4sv2 is a 6000k w2 .

Initially I thought the 2700K would be nice, but went for 3500K. I wanted something to use in the garden that’s makes things look relatively natural without being to warm/cold. The past 2 nights I’ve been taking a KR4 with 3500K E21A outside for a testdrive and it looks like a good choice. Under 3500K it starts to get too much of that warm glow (which is fantastic in certain situations, but not always). But the the KR4 has dedicated indoor duty and doesn’t last long on a 16350 battery (but small and light). So the D4Sv2 be the KR4’s big outdoor brother.

Low K’s are intented more for internal uses or for fun effects . You have a garden . I have snow . You should see low K’s in winter ( in my neck of wood ) .

Garden with snow for the time being. Or at least what’s left of it…. this winter has been really bad. Almost every time it’s been snowing, temperature goes up, everything melts, starts freezing again and turns everything to ice (and since the ground is frozen, it’s a thick layer of ice…).

Normally I take a DM11 with B35AM 2700K outside and it’s fantastic to experience the warm glow on the snow. Great for walking and you want to see a little bit further ahead. Lots of trees, so something a bit more focused is very useful. But that was specifically not something I wanted this time. It’s main use will be during spring and autumn when the evenings start getting shorter again and there’s actually stuff growing and flowering. No need for flashlights during summer, since it barely gets dark then.

Any chance of adding the Nichia 519A to the led choice?

Preferably 4000K, 5000K and 3000K.

If someone like me wants a high CRI, high R9 flashlight with decent power Fireflies has the E07 with sst-20’s which have a better tint binning than the ones from intl-outdoor and Astrolux has the MF01 Mini which has a better tint binning as well.

Ordering a D4(S) with the SST20 J5 FB4 makes no sense because the earlier mentioned lights have more power by simply having more leds and have a better tint.

Lh315D has no high R9.

A D4(S) with Nichia 519A’s would fill that gap nicely. Someone on reddit has modded his D4S with them and got above 4000lm.

Ya man, Hank said he would stock SM273, SM353, SM453, SM573​​​

Noctigon DM1.12 available soon,

Thank you Hank for always coming up with new interesting flash light design.
However I have to comment that I do not really enjoy the new design of the newer flashlights. I think the handle pattern is too deep, and the flashlight are starting to becoming less practical because the head is so big and thick compare to the body. I would enjoy the older ‘emisar’ designs more. for example, I really just want something like zebralight with single good LED but with Anduril2. Thank you.

Looks amazing! I love the white and green colors!

Will SBT90.2 be an option for the center LED?