Emisar D3AA is available now

I had no idea! This is incredible!

Last email exchange with Hank I asked the same question, and...
"Yes, there will be D4K Ti+Copper version in the future."
But no ETA at the moment.

[/quote]

Itā€™s available

You realize that is not Hank that is having these procedures but the shipping company that handles the packages.
Unless that company is asking him for subscriptions for IOSS per each country.

Itā€™s the seller who registers to the IOSS, and the whole point of it is that the seller only need to register to one EU state, whichever they want.

I randomly checked this morning and noticed the change in the data sheet. I think itā€™s game changing for flashlights and even car industry if any manufacturer is willing to step outside the norm of cool white low cri.

Don't get me wrong, but even with IOSS, don't you still have to have a custom clearance (that is checking that IOSS), and you still have to pay the fee for it?
The only difference is that you pay the VAT at the time of purchase, but you will still pay the same money.
I know that aliexpress is doing custom clearance with whole pallets, and that's the only reason I don't have to pay the custom clearance.
If I buy something on amazon, and it's sending from UK, it does have VAT paid, and ahve IOSS, but I still pay the custom clearance fee for it.

If you had to pay additional fees despite the seller being registered to the IOSS and that the value was less than 150ā‚¬ then there was an error in the process somewhere.
For example I had numerous exchanges with Oshpark and their IOSS agent/intermediary never worked properly and people got surprise fees at the delivery, now theyā€™re looking for another agent.

Aliexpress probably uses another scheme actually considering the volumes and prices. Like Mouser for example who always shipped with DDP incoterms meanings they handle taxes and customs, with JLCPCB/LCSC you can actually choose between DDP and IOSS and they charge more for DDP, possibly because itā€™s more complex.

Obviously the VAT has to be paid, whether itā€™s at purchase (IOSS, DDP), or at delivery (with additional custom clearance fees). If you didnā€™t pay VAT itā€™s because the shipper used some shaddy schemes to evade customs.

Received my D4K a couple days agoā€¦pretty much an instant love affair. 519A 4500K, boost driver, bought a spare cyan bezel to put on thereā€¦nicely complements the grey host and blue switch light. This run of dark grey has a nice blue hue to it, rich and not washed out. Itā€™s a darker grey in real life than what appears in the photo (couldnā€™t seem to correct that). The dark grey parts for the KR4 were more of a solid metal grey without that hue. I think this will be my most-grabbed light now. Iā€™ve been a big fan of the WildTrail WT3M and this is comparable in weight and length with a smaller head. Wurkkos TS21 is almost identical in size but 10mm longer. Hank has a better clip, no niggling firmware bugs, and for $12 the boost driver is just golden for a working (or trail) light. Iā€™m really happy to have an Emisar/Noctigon with 21700.

Iā€ve had my D4K with dedomed 5700K 519A for days now myself. I absolutely love the bluish gray anodizing! Itā€™s crazy how little size the D4K adds on to the D4V2, it almost makes the D4V2 feel obsolete.

You donā€™t miss the ability to hit 3000-4000 lumens in bursts? I find that is a compelling feature of these lights and is the main reason I donā€™t have one with a boost driver yet. Itā€™s nice for checking out larger dark areas for a moment and, of course, itā€™s a fun conversation starter. What is the estimated max output of your configuration?

Iā€™m the same way. I love having burst mode for pretty much the same reasons. With one exception though. I have a DW4 with boost driver and Nichia 219b SW45k which I use as a headlight. It only measures 1670 lumens in my TA lumen tube, but it is more than bright enough for working under a car or crawling around in the attic.

For this light, no it doesnā€™t bother me at all, but I am one that certainly does appreciate turbo and brighter light for some things. I have plenty of those lights, though. What this gives is a cell platform with plenty of capacity and plenty of current delivery when needed as well as more efficient use of the powerā€¦so great run times and steady output. Maybe not a holy grail but in terms of an all around working light (or edc for some, I suppose) itā€™s great. Quad in an optic so the range isnā€™t what you might want for outdoor use but then this would probably be the wrong choice for that, depending. I donā€™t know what the bin is on the 519A Hank is selling (it might be stated somewhere here or Iā€™m sure heā€™d provide that if asked)ā€¦but ballparking on his stated 2A per emitter on the boost driver and glancing at the 519A datasheet with some assumptions, Iā€™d say itā€™s probably in the neighborhood of 2800 lumens for the 4500K R9080. Plenty bright enough and of course too bright at max for most tasks, but it runs pretty darn cool and can hold its outputā€¦very nice. Right now I donā€™t have good equipment for lux measurements (just the Opple and I wonā€™t waste anyoneā€™s time with that for this light beam)ā€¦holding out for the right time to buy a Hopoocolor unit, hopefully soon. Visually itā€™s always been hard for me to compare smaller but significant differences in lumens on broad beam lights at these brighter lumen levels, and thatā€™s compounded when youā€™re trying to discern warmer CCT with the old standby whiter temps. 4500K is on the low side of neutral, very pleasing light to me (reminds me of old HID lights) but itā€™s warm enough compared to whiter temps that to my eyes it always seems a little less bright than what measurements might say. I have these emitters in four other lights now and bought a bunch from Simon to have on hand. I love the 4500Kā€¦itā€™s a rare bird but probably hands down my favorite, and having it in high CRI is just great.

Ooooh. I like that D4k !!

butā€¦ I just had a thoughtā€¦ D4S with a longer tube for those 26800? 26900? cellsā€¦

Iā€™m going to have to figure out a way to get a D4k on my Christmas list.

*edit

Oh! it is a thing!

Yesā€¦the 26800 tube is a thing! The one I got matched the cyan of the original perfectly. I love the 26800 cells (QB from Aloft), hope they stick around as a thing in the future.

That actually sounds really compelling when you put it that way. The plan is to get at least two D4K lights eventually but Iā€™ve been undecided on my configurations. I think one of them may end up having a boost driver now.

Same! The D4SV2 with 26800 tubes are absolutely stellar. I consider them a Goldilocks size for a jacket pocket light.

I canā€™t see the option for the 21700 D1 ??

I considered the SST20 in 5K, which I think is actually still a pretty nice emitter all things considered, but for this I wanted a tad warmer without going Warm. Iā€™m often dealing with metal in one way or another and not-cold CCT just works better for me in trying to see detail, textures, scribe lines, etc, etc. It seems to help me reading finer graduations on scales, too, and pencil or ink lines usually. Sometimes whiter is better though. For just knocking around and putting light out there, I can live with nearly anything. :slight_smile:

Pretty sure there isnā€™t that option.

Is D18 update with higher efficiency driver planned?

Hi, Dear DM1.12 owners, you can use the firmware below to enable both channels to work at the same time (even on turbo mode),

http://toykeeper.net/torches/fsm/anduril2/anduril.2021-12-13.emisar-d4sv2-tintramp-fet.hex