KD AMC7135 3040ma driver problem

OK I am also having almost the exact same issues as mentioned by the OP. Although sometimes if I toggle the switch a few times the torch stays on high for a wee while before flickering allot and giving me the low voltage warning. I have had this problem with a 105c and the 1.4A version of the same board (both bought from DX), both in an TF X9.

Batteries are not the issue, LED is not the issue, switch is not the issue… which leaves contact points or electronic components on the board. Cleaning the contacts seems to do nothing so guessing it is not contact.

If I had to guess I would say I have overheated one of the components while soldering the additional AMC7135s… and while if a single AMC7135 was damaged I suspect all I would see is a drop in output and no flickering on high so my guess is I have damaged the ATiny13A.

I had something similar, but testing it clamping the led and board pill thingy in a small vice and powering it with a bench power supply I did manage to pull 2.8A. Somehow the connection between the ring of the kd 8x7135 board with the housing was made, but not good enough. This possibly increased the resistance or gave some other issues, I don’t know. Some more pressure was needed from the battery on the spring. Adding a small round magnet (some solder or something might also work) on the switch side of the battery made it so that I could screw it super tight did the trick for me. Might be worth a try since it was an easy fix for me.