KD (kaidomain): Deals and new products thread

OKay

Let me pass to my colleague. She will follow up in the email.

Please don’t worry.

They come from the same wheel.

Thank you

Thank you for your help BanL and glad to know that the new LED should match the others.

I’ll report back once I’ve reflowed it.

Hi

The new Cree XHP50.3 HI White 6500K is available

Cree XHP50.3 HI J4 1A White 6500K LED Emitter

Enjoy

Any plans for other tints?

And what is the story with XHP35.2 HI?

Post #2000!

(at the moment)

Hi

The production time of LED is longer and not stable in this year.

If any other tints is available, I must post it at once.

Thank you.

Wow

Thank you for you guys supporting over the years. :smiley:

It’s good to see you’re still around

I must admit that, for its reasons, this is funny. raccoon city just came here because he likes to chase post numbers multiples of a thousand, and somehow BanL thought and believed that it was some sort of greeting aimed at his business.

Funny. ;-)

Well, if a thread about his online shop reaches 2000 Posts, that is something and shows some way or form of support on that forum, isn’t it?

KD is the only chinese webshop that was used by the flashlight community when I started in 2011, and is still relevant in 2021. All the other have gone or are of no interest anymore:

cnqualitygoods.com
dinodirect.com

The rest is more recent, but some have already gone or have moved focus:

fasttech.com
gearbest.com
intl-outdoor.com

convoy.aliexpress.com

I notice you have XHP50.3 HI on your site. I have asked previously for your support to asked to start making your KDlikter lights with these, preferrably with mode memory. The more you can facilitate the use of newer emitters, the more business you will get!

Indeed, but I don't think that was raccoon city's intention. After all he said nothing in that regard (no explicit congratulation).

However BanL O:) indeed felt it that way. So let it be. :-)

I received my very first order from KD just recently, and everything from ordering to delivery went smoothly!
Now I’m trying to find a way to fit a forward-clicky switch into their nice E6 host…

Is Kaidomain able to collect VAT for small orders from EU or we have to pay it when the packet came us?In that case Here in Italy VAT is 22% for any order value + custom clearance 2€.
Or 5€ when the order is above

At least customs hasn’t asked anything about VAT and usually they ask if I order from places that don’t include VAT on a price. I’m also from EU.

I’m very impressed with this host: S2 PLUS (21700) LED FLASHLIGHT HOST 126MM X 27MM.

It has nice dark gray anodizing, square threads, and comes with an AR lens. I bought the pocket clip and lighted switch separately.

I got the replacement SST-20 LED from Kaidomain. :+1:

I was using the quad MCPCB in a lantern and the questionable LED eventually failed. It barely lit up (much worse than before) and caused issues with the driver so I removed it.

I replaced it with the new LED and fortunately it looks just like the other 3.

Im not sure why, by sometimes re-flowing the mcpcb to the emitter will solve the problem. Other times, the fix is only temporary.

Well it appears that the issue I had was due to the optic that comes with the Kaidomain quad MCPCB and not a defective LED. After reflowing the bad LED and putting everything back together, unfortunately another SST-20 went bad.

Upon examination I could see small pieces of silicone on the optic where it covers the LEDs. And for the LED that no longer works, the dome became partially separated from the base. When I push down on the dome it lights up, but not on its own.

When I installed the optic, I put the legs (it only has 2) into the smaller inserts of the MCPCB and put the screws into the larger ones. It appears that the optic rests right on top of the SST-20 LED domes and any torque, such as screwing down the flashlight head, can cause damage to the LEDs.

Notice how the leg does not rest on the MCPCB:

With a quick search here on BLF, it appears this has been an issue in the past: KD (kaidomain): Deals and new products thread

If you buy a Kaidomain quad MCPCB, make sure you’re cautious when using the optic else you could have a similar issue.

On a positive note, the tint of the Kaidomain SST-20 2700K LEDs is really nice and I plan on buying some more!