KD (kaidomain): Deals and new products thread

It looks like you only transferred old orders going back ~1 year. Is that right?

No

We had transferred from 1st January 2015 to June 30 2018.

I tried out three Kaidomain 3000k 90+CRI emitters yesterday and this is my observation.

- SST-20-W 95CRI 3000k HD2 tint bin is beautiful. Looks better than all other 3000k emitters Iā€™ve seen except the E21A 3000k 9080 from Clemence. When compared side by side, it is a slight bit less rosy than the E21A so whites appear yellower whereas E21A makes whites look white. For warm CCT emitters, Iā€™ve noticed that the farther below the BBL, the whiter white objects look. But comparing to all other warm emitters, this is as nice as it gets.

- Cree XP-E (HEW) High Efficiency White 3000k 90 CRI. Tint is less yellow than the 219B 9050 3000k but not as rosy as the E21A and SST-20-W 95CRI HD2 tint bin.

• Cree XM-L2 T3 7A3 WARM WHITE 3000K - 3250K. This thing is very yellow in comparison with the other 3000k I have, except the 70 CRI Cree emitters that are even yellower. It is about the same as the YUJI 3000k 90CRI in the E01vn.

I just bought a bunch more SST-20-W 3000k before they run out because I like them so much and because they are so much easier to use than the E21A. I hope Kaidomain will offer more CCT options for this emitter with below the BBL tint. I feel very fortunate that Kaidomain even have this emitter available to us.

Thanks for your obeservations. BLF-member khas has found that the first batch of 3000K90CRIXML2 that KD had was less yellow and more rosy (probably 7A4 tint) than the current batch (7A3), which I still think looks good (I donā€™t mind a bit of yellow as long as the CRI is high enough which is the case).

My fear with the XP-E (HEW) is large tint shifts when used in a reflector, do you have any info on that?

The 3000K SST-20 W is just superb, especially for me because while I like its rosiness (is that a word?), the Nichiaā€™s sometimes are too rosy for my taste.

The tint shift on the XP-E (HEW) is horrible. In a reflector light, even with DC-Fix, you can still see the obvious tint shift. It worked well with the triple under a frosted Carclo optic in a Wuben TO10R though. The output is only 200 lumens though with the triple so I donā€™t really see much of a use for this emitter. I think on a stronger driver, you might be able to make 500 lumens with a triple?

You need to compare the SST-20W and a E21A 3000k side by side to appreciate the difference. On the E21A whites look whiter and objects look less tinted giving a ā€œcleanerā€ appearance. Iā€™m not sure if this is attributed to the E21A being rosier or is there something else to it. The difference is not significant though and I am very happy with the SST-20W.

Edit: The more I play with the XP-E (HEW) 3000k 90CRI, the more I like it. It is actually less yellowish than the SST-20 at similar brightness levels. Itā€™s just that the SST-20 is a single LED and gets pushed hard in the Sofirn SP32. I think if the XP-E emitters get pushed harder, it would look even better.

Edit 2: I just realized that two of the emitters are much dimmer than one of them on the triple XP-E. I think I might have messed something up, which is why it measures only 200 lumens in a triple. I will give it another try later. Iā€™m actually really starting to like this emitter.

Just installed the XP-E HEW 5D2 4000K 80CRI in Lumintop Tool AAA, surprisingly the tint is good (for CREE emitter), just like the ā€œpaleā€ version of 219B sw45 with yellow tint shift in the center hot spot and outer corona.

Comparing with 219C 4000K, the Nichia is more yellow, the XP-E is more white and obviously the pink is there. Same with SKV89, the more I play with it, the more I like it. Next, I will install the XP-E in Convoy S2+ with frosted optic to see if the optic could blend the beam.

Hi friends

Newest LED CREE XP-G2 HE is arrived to KD.

Cree XP-G2 HE High Efficacy S3 1D White 6500K LED Emitter

Cree XP-G2 HE High Efficacy S4 3B Neutral White 5000K LED Emitter

Cree XP-G2 HE High Efficacy S2 7A1 Warm White 3000K LED Emitter

Enjoy

Ban

Please secure your site. Today at work, I logged in and placed an order. Within 20 minutes I got a call and email from IT demanding that I change my Passwords and restart my PC immediately. A couple minutes later, my boss showed up asking me not to log into strange sites. Then a couple minutes later, an IT person showed up to make sure I did as instructed. She told me I was lucky they didn't take my PC to scrub it. I asked what went wrong. She said that my Login ID and Password were transmitted as plain text that was not encrypted. I asked her what site were they transmitted to. She said it was Kaidomain. She said they are running a background surveillance on my PC to make sure there are no other problems.

EDIT: fixed typos

Hi

I will make some improvement in this area.

Please donā€™t worry.

All your payment related actions are in secure environment (HTTPS).

Thank you

Ban

Now that you mention it, shouldn't BLF use HTTPS for login?

^:)

Hi Ban,
I like the new dust covers! Will measure some flashlights tonight and order a few :slight_smile:

OMG, the perfect host for DIY flippy diffusers!!

Cut out and replace opaque lid with clear/diffused plastic. Might help address my ability to find diffusers for odd sizes heads.

@BanL - how about selling clear plastic to fit or better yet, designing cover to take inserts including black-out, clear, red, etcā€¦?

Hello BanL,

I just would like to say a big thank you for making these Luminus SST-20 specialty white (CRI95) leds available.

In the recent 10 days, I made an emitter swap, and two simple flashlight build, so I could test these emitters.

I replaced the emitter of one of my old friendā€™s Boruit RJ-2157 headlamp to an FB4 4000K emitter. The change was dramatic to him, and now he started to EDC that hefty headlampā€¦

For myself, I made two Convoy S2+ builds with different TIR lenses. So far, my favorite tint is the FB4 4000K, but HD2 3000K also came very close.

Regarding tint quality (and perceived BBL position), I can say, that FB4 is already noticeably better than Nichia 219C.

I have Nichia 219C 4000K in a Lumintop IYP365 penlight, and I have a Jaxman E2L as well with the same LED as comparison. While I still like the tint of 219C 4000K, I can notice, that it is noticeably greener and yellower than the FB4 SST-20. Also, I can ā€˜feelā€™ the slightly better spectrum coverage of the latter.

I have also seen Nichia E21A 4000K ā€“ I felt that a little bit warmer, and it has a slight further extra ā€˜touch ofā€™ deep red, but FB4 SST-20 is still very good in deep red for its CCT.

HD2 3000K is a large step into warmer white. Reds get boosted dramatically. While FB4 is an almost perfectly neutral white (nearly no explicit yellowness, just a slight warmness), HD2 has a base tint of one similar to peach color (not orange-dominant, it is rather rosy).

Can I request for further tints of this emitter to be available in your inventory?

Hey BLFers, in case some of you missed this in another thread :

This coupon code is still working.
Thank you BanL !

Ban, would it be possible to source these in transparent/clear? Iā€™ve been searching all over and canā€™t find any in that size.

ā€¦so how about that 4000K Luxeon Rebel which according to the part number is rated 200 lumen @ 350mA ?
Sounds rather unlikely, doesnā€™t it?

Thatā€™s @ 700mA., indicated by LMXL~~_ _ _ 2~~ 0200

:person_facepalming: Yes, youā€™re right, itā€™s the test current: 1 = 350mA and 2 = 700mA.

I asked a while back. Itā€™s apparently not simple, and adds load on the server (slows the site down)