KD (kaidomain): Deals and new products thread

The specified maximum drive current for the Luxeon M is 1.2A at 4S (12V) config, so 2.4A (6V) at 2S and 4.8A at 1S (3V). Actual testing is required.

Since the manufacturer lists the different die interconnection configurations as 11.2V, 5.6V and 2.8V it is quite likely that this emitter's Vf is low.

^:)

I took some spare parts from Kaidomain but they are stationary in London for two months (from 29 May) for me it went lost; what solution can I try to get my goods? I wrote to Kaidomain, but I didnā€™t get an answer. If Ban can help me send you all the data

A Luxeon with low Vf? That would not surprise me at all... ;)

Hi The Last Katun

Would you mind to give me your order number via PM?

I will help to take a look what is the matter.

Please donā€™t worry.

Thanks

Ban

Hi friends

Some good new items are listed.

H17A 17mm 3V - 4.2V 5A 1 cell 5-Mode Driver Circuit Board for Cree 3V XHP50.2 / Luminus SST-40 LED

Nightwatch NI40 Stalker Luminus SST-40 (Dedomed) Neutral White 5000K 1900 Lumens 5-Mode LED Flashlight

Nightwatch NI40 Stalker Cree XHP50.2 (Dedomed) Neutral White 5000K 3800 Lumens 5-Mode LED Flashlight

Enjoy

Ban

Just received answer from KD itā€™s 12V versionā€¦

Will the 3v 50.2 De-domed LED be available to purchase?

Like this?

3V Cree XHP50.2 De-domed

Edit: Nevermind, different tint :FACEPALM:

That is easy to discern. Luxeon is just being more clear with his figures, this is because the emitters' Vf is low. So less bastardization. Another way to describe it would be 4S, as it is composed of 4 dies arranged in series. You still need a ā€œ12V/XHP35ā€ driver (like the H2-C), albeit the low Vf makes its life a little less hard and improves efficiency.

I like this way to do things. Because if you do not understand, you get informed and learn.

On the other hand, a few months ago I was overhauling a small Bosch li-ion drill battery pack. And I found they had decide to ā€œrenameā€ its 3S battery packs from 10.8V to 12V, for reasons with of course have to do with uninformed users/consumers. It technically is a half lie on top of being a lot less correct.

:-)

Lesson learnt :student:

@BanL
Whatā€™s the color of these oldtimers?
http://kaidomain.com/Flashlight-DIY-and-Tools/LED-Emitters-or-LED-Star-on-PCB/other-leds/S002445-CREE-XR-E-P4-LED-Blub

http://kaidomain.com/Flashlight-DIY-and-Tools/LED-Emitters-or-LED-Star-on-PCB/other-leds/S001527-Cree-XR-E-P4-LED-Emitter-with-16mm-x-1mm-Aluminum-Base

Hi Ban,

The H17A looks like an interesting driver. What is the driver temp. threshold?

Will it be possible to change Lo(10) to perhaps 5? The perceived brightness difference from 0.1% to 10% will be much bigger than 10% to 30. Look at the new Convoy driver that has 0.1 - 3% - 30% - 100% output levels. I have tested the 5A and 6A version with various emitters and the mode spacing is good for such a high current driver with just 4 output levels.

I would also like some more information on the new H17a driver for a 3v XHP50.2. Is it a linear driver or buck? It says maximum battery current can be 10A but output to the led is only 5A, so maybe the 10A is a typo or copy/pasted from another driver description?
BanL, any more information or specs you can give us on this driver? Thank you

The current would be a typo. This is some sort of linear and/or FET driver.

Been waiting for my order #6041 for over a week and itā€™s still not shipped out yet.

New host on KD, grey S2+ with a metal switch (blue one also new SKU)
http://kaidomain.com/Flashlight-DIY-and-Tools/S028497-120mm-x-24mm-DIY-S2-Plus-LED-Flashlight-Host-With-Metal-Switch-Grey

I never knew the grey one came with a metal switch. you never stop learning :slight_smile:

I wish the tail cap and the metal switch would be availableā€¦ not the entire host. That would be cool if that could fit on a regular S2+ in grey.

BanL, do you have any flux bin and tint bin information on the Luxeon M 4000K and 3000K emitters?

Has anyone done any testing on the Luxeon M? How does it compare with the XHP50.2? Iā€™m looking for an emitter to replace the stock 50.2 in the Thrunite T1 that uses a 12v 50.2 with ugly tint and corona.

Idk if that light OP reflector is enough to overcome the donut hole problem. Since itā€™s a domed version of Luxeon MZ I think itā€™s safe to assume the tint is probably much more even across the beam though. Would be nice to know for sure though.

So how does one get support from KD about problems?

They donā€™t respond to emails.

You could kindly ask in this thread. Ban, who owns KD (at least that is what I assume for years now) often responds in this thread with help to his customers.