...KICKSTARTER...???

Wow, thanks for the laugh. Did anyone read the comment?? How do people get suckered into this stuff? I like the guy who says he found it on Amazon for less than half price with free shipping to boot.

We said,“Free Worldwide Shipping”, We didn’t say Free Freight Charges!!!
Very nice.

Even though Selfbuilt’s reviews are usually genuine and very through, the price of $224.99 is way off the charts for what you get and not worth it in my opinion for a non-established brand name.
(for less cost i can find similar lights like this one: http://intl-outdoor.com/2usb-mobile-device-charger-318650-xml2-sideswitch-flashlight-p-741.html and get a ton more extra good 18650s for the money i saved, and do some mods to the lower-cost light to make it more versatile. This ZeroHour light almost reminds me of the ridiculous “Heider” light company trying to sell their knock-off $50+dollar Sipik SK68 copy by making a pretty website to try to awe the un-trained eye.

Spamming all the threads regarding the ZeroHour light from an account only created today makes you look like you have an agenda in my opinion.

After a little search with google l found that this racinghart blf member might actually be Aaron Son, cofounder of the zero hour flashlight, what a coincidence that his username and LinkedIn name match…

http://www.linkedin.com/in/racinghart

Thumbs down!!!

I'll buy this one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-New-Version-Waterproof-Aluminum-Alloy-Cree-XM-L2-U2-LED-5-Modes-Dual-USB-Flashlight/2024701477.html

I'll be happy to compare it with a review sample, and I'd even try seeing if some parts/accessories are compatible. I figure the latter could be good for you...if they're compatible, people are still likely to buy your accessories & parts.

yes, as a matter of fact i am here with an agenda; the agenda to share information and knowledge with others who may have missed it since its on a different forum

just take it for what it is, someone said the flashlight was a scam and it wasn’t. period. i assure you =) not trying to start anything with you, just sharing the facts.

by the way, i have been a lurker on here for awhile but only felt the need to say something now that i came across the candlepowerforums thread and this thread seems to have a lot of uninformed members here.

i am here to answer any questions you guys may have

Are you the cofounder of zero hour flashlight???

Good find AlexGT. Google can do amazing things with finding information like that.

Wow, do you think selfbuild was aware that he was reviewing a shameless clone (shameless because they claim the idea to be new, and they did not just copy the idea but the whole design) from the intl-outdoor flashlight? He did not mention anything about that.

Thinking about it a bit further, these kickstarter guys of course did the project in corporation with the company that made the intl-outdoor light and had it all made for them by the same company, adding some shiny accessories.

Thinking about it a bit further again, this kickstarter project might as well be initiated by the chinese flashlight manufacturer, hiring some guys to do the project.

i assure you it is not what you think, again, you are making assumptions and you don’t know the story and how many actual months and years it took us from idea to production to finding the right manufacturers to contract. we have been in development and working with several manufacturers to get the zerohour done to specifications. unfortunately, previous manufacturers we no longer dealt with and dropped are responsible for the clones and substitute products you will continue to see hit the market. i am the co-founder of zerohour and wished i could of spoke more about the project months before we planned to crowdfund, but lets be quite frank, a lot of you made this forum feel un-welcomed to us with knee-jerk assumptions about our company and products. i couldn’t believe it… or found it necessary to join at that time. and now that the product is on the market and we are confident that the demand is here. i am now here to help answer any questions you may have. i just hope you guys can be a little more welcoming now that we have delivered a quality product and proved we are not a scam.

Are your parts and accessories compatible with the lights you're calling clones and substitute products? At this point I don't care who ripped off who, but I might be interested in some of your parts and accessories.

Ok - send me one of “these” lights, and i will do a full review for BLF and compare it to two other similar lights i have like this, and give a full honest opinion based on other experience i have with various USB portable self-contained chargers i have and used, along with the lights i currently have used with built-in USB charging similar to your light.

i am not sure if it fits the other lights, i doubt they have our precise specifications and thread pattern. but if you would you like to purchase a few of our accessories at sample pricing for testing please send me a message or email me at aaron@zerohourxd.com

We are an internet forum and like to discuss things that we find remarkable. Confronted with only part of the story we like to discuss what is behind it. Judged from how you answered the questions about originality asked on the Kickstarter site and how you promoted the product here without introducing yourself, it is only logical that we are suspicious of how original your ideas and designs are.

That said, I appreciate that you try to explain now how things really went, and welcome you to BLF as a flashlight enthousiast :-)

thank you, djozz!

i also contacted the admin just now to ask if they can assist in changing my username and also to set it as manufacturer’s account, I will then formally re-introduce myself in the correct area of the forum. i know i will learn a lot from the community as well as share what information that i can in return.

RacingHart, we are happy you are here. Being that you are new to the forum I will assist you a bit. You are obviously a very smart man. As you may know there are plenty of scams out there on the forums of any hobby I won’t even get into Kickstarter. From manufactures, modders, to customer builders everyone has to be cautious who they do business with. On this forum, we take pride in our in-depth discussions of flashlights. Many of us are also on guard with it comes to the newest, hyped product.

Not to mention, this is BUDGET Light Forum. After reading on your light, I personally don’t see anything Budget about it. Unless you can prove other wise. I am only speaking about the price, not value. In no way am I saying it isn’t worth it. I am only saying it doesn’t fit my idea of budget. I am sure many other members here would echo my sentiments.

If you were lurking for some time and never explained your position and were offended by what you read, then that you can take credit for. I could never find a introduction from you. Also, you seemed offended by our assumptions. Yet you waited to provide information? Then you had a snappy reply. In my opinion, from a PR stand point, it just doesn’t bode well out the gate.

So, how to improve this going forward and win our love and support? I would start by doing a nice formal introduction. If you already have, link it here on this thread. Please don’t link us to some non personal junk you have already posted elsewhere. We have already read your linkedin. :slight_smile: I would next send out some samples for members here to review. DenBarrettSAR has already offered to do such a review. That is very considerate of him to offer to donate his time, skills and knowledge on your behalf. I would be very thankful. If you have already sent some members here a light and they have done a review. Please link it here. Personally, I don’t want a link to a different forum.

Next I would start a discussion thread on this forum and monitor it closely. As you know, communication & perception is key. You will likely get some great feedback that will only help improve your products and services. Unless I missed it, you have yet speak a word about how you plan to warranty the product, handle customer complaints, and generally care for the customer. I would say that in the price range you are in, there is some tough competition. You can hang your hat on the built in charger, and cutting edge tech but if there is no product support, I don’t see a long product life.
If you don’t have the time to do all this, find someone who does.

Finally, be open for negative opinions. Not all lights,no matter how good, fit all people. You got kinda snappy earlier. I fully understand that. But your tone seemed as though you were talking down to us due to us not being informed about your product. To me, and maybe others, that is a major turn off. Perhaps instead of lurking you should have been typing. “)

I wish you the best of luck. I think it has potential. So far just reading on your light: I like the ability to store stuff in the end and still use the light. I don’t like not having ultra low mode (below 5 lumen). Then there is the whole price thing. But, I am sure you are going to offer us a 50% discount code though? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

BTW, you and your products are mentioned in several threads here I found with out searching.

Hope to hear from you soon. Have a great weekend.

Just to help keep things linked for anyone who landed here due to a search and isn’t fully informed may want to read the following link. It contains a nice introduction and response from Aaron at ZeroHour to some of our aforementioned concerns.

Aaron, I haven't heard back from in about a week. I'd still like to take you up on this even if we can't do the other things we discussed privately.