Kinfire K1200s - less words - more pics

off center stud??

you mean “only that one screw in the middle”?

Unless that's a gravity-defying screw and not a stud...

I think that’s just a screw sitting there in the picture with the threaded hole in the center. The picture is rotated.

what night spy says…

sorry for the missleading picture

Ah! Well, still, a single screw isn't enough. The layout is such that it could have used 4 evenly spaced.

I’ve had one of these Kinfire K1200 sitting in a box for some time now. I needed a break from Multi-multi emitter lights. Eventually I’ll start yanking out the XMLs and start grinding down Noctigons. Just haven’t been in the mood.
I like the format though.
Whalen I’m done, I’ll try to signal RaceR86 by bouncing the beam off icebergs.

On my light I used a combination of fujick (on the edge) and AS5 (in the middle under the emitters) in order to be 100% sure that all of them were nicely attached in case the pressure on them were a bit uneven after changing all the wires.

The review says the stock emitters have thermal grease, but it looks like thermal compound. Does all the emitters move around or are they well attached to the light? (just double checking what it actually is)

Many seems to assume bad thermal capabilities due to sinking output on some lights. But in many cases its more because of declining output from the driver when it heats up or input voltage drops. High chance that is the case here, even after the mod your are only pushing out around 1A to each emitter. If the stock emitters are well attached, its not likely to even measure any noticeable gain in upgrading to Noctigons. And probably less than "any noticeable gain" by upgrading thermal capabilities/management in other ways. (Unless you are talking about putting a fan on it or something that isn't that necessary at the level you have cranked it up to.) Even on well heatsinked high output lights, sag due to heat will be inevitable.

I would measure amps going from the driver to the emitters and see if its sinking over some time. Quite easy to do on that light due to the 2-piece head.

thanks for your help!

I will do that!

I have purchased the exact same light and I do not seem to be able to get the 5 modes. Basically one click turns it ON (in the high steady mode) and the following click turns it OFF. Short, long or fast clicks do not make any difference. Maybe I am missing something… thanks for the help!

i tore mine appart and never finished the mod :frowning:

and i can’t remember the stock UI - sorry ….

Hadn't seen this thread before now.

Just noticed that the driver & switchboard are the same as the Courui D01.