Klarus G20 picture

i hate miss leading advertisement.

It’s no different to ripping off customers and dishonest.

I hope that is not the neighbors house :stuck_out_tongue:

Whenever I buy a light I always assume the output is extremely exaggerated. Then the few times I am wrong, I am pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately, I usually get what I expect.

I think I wouldn’t buy klarus anymore :rage:

I was just helping my neighbor find a contact lens he dropped in his kitchen! Glad I could help.

looks like they dont even know how may klumens their light puts out

I got the G20 and share in the underwhelming atmosphere of being a G20 owner. However, I did get this light for about 1/2 the cost of the EC50 v.2 and the EC50 cannot be had for any less than a few bucks shy of the MSRP for that light. So with that consideration, it really isn’t THAT bad. I think I tested mine at 2,550 lumens.

wow, that is a best output I’ve read so far.
have you compare it with other lights?

Can someone tells me which lights have true lumens?

Definitely not the Klarus G20, the maximum i measured in my lux sphere is just over 1700 lumens, not even close to the 3000 lumens they claim. ( my stock Shadow JM35 & a stock SRK is brighter.

I don’t have the equipment to measure, but I will tell you that the Klarus G20 isn’t anywhere near the output of the Nitecore TM03. The G20 looks very similar in output to my EC4S, so I’d rate the G20 with a freshly charged Klarus supplied battery at somewhere around 2000 lumens. The difference between the G20 and TM03 is striking, which leads me to believe that the TM03 is very close to the claimed output. My other objection to the G20 is mine whines on turbo, the TM03 is silent. I am going to try to the G20 with what is supposed to be a better battery and see if it makes a noticeable difference, but I am not optimistic. So the box on the G20 says 3000 lumens, the paperwork inside says 2500 lumens, and my guess is about 2000 lumens is the real output. The G20 is disappointing to say the least.

Has anyone tried different batteries in their G20? Would that make much of a difference? I’ve still got a few of those Basen 26650’s lying around, but I have no way to measure light output and compare differences between them and the battery that comes with the light.

Yes, I’ve tried my best 26650 batteries and same output. The plus side is, their included klarus battery is pretty damn good. Hahah.
Or maybe klarus put a limit on their driver?

Damn! I’m really floored by how much this light underperforms. 26650 XHP70 lights will be coming thick and fast from here on, hopefully they are much better than this one.

Anyone tempted to try and get a refund? Up to 30% dimmer than advertised is pretty bad.

It’s pretty darn bright. Easy to see that it is well over 2,000 lumens. Easily bests the Nitecore EC4s. The tint on mine is great too imo. In my lightbox tested Olight R50 2340 lumens. Klarus G20 2601 lumens. That is relative to one another.

Why there’s such gross variation between individual samples of this light is a mystery to me. I guess the only thing I can do is be glad that I’m not one of the people who is all pissed off about this. Let me go turn on my G20 right now in fact…… Pop! Zap! Poof! uh spoke too soon. JK.

I've also received mine from the GB. I have no way to measure, but comparing to my Trustfire TR-J16 (5 x XML T6, accepted to be around 2500 lumens), it looks to be around 10% dimmer. So maybe around 2200-2300 lumens. I tried with my high output Samsung INR 18650s - no difference in output.

For the GB price though, I am satisfied.

Pluses:

• Convenient size
  • Very nice build quality
  • Very nice tint
  • For me, almost perfect UI; bonus of using either side or rear switches
  • Nice switches with the best tactile feel of any torch I have, even better than the Olight S30
  • Battery capacity indicator
  • USB charging
  • Included 26650 seems reasonable quality

Minuses:

• Reflector should be just a little bit deeper, for a bit more throw
  • Nowhere near 3000 lumens

You can be the judge here.

- A stock Klarus G20 HXP70, ( claimed 3000 lumens) versus a stock Shadow JM35 MT-G2 (stock) measured at 1770 lumens, and a Stock original (3-torrid driver type) Skyray King 3-MX-L, (measured at 1960 lumens) here taken with the same DSLR settings on a Nikon D5100 with Nikkor lens. All with fully charged cells, the SRK using four Samsung 25R cells, and both the G20 ans JM25 using the Klarus 5000mah 26650 cell.

- *( image is Adobe-gamma corrected to how we see it.)

G20 vs Olight SR MINI 2800 LM:

By the eye the difference in beam shape not as significant as on the photos.

looks like flood vs throw :smiley:

I see the “greenish” tint in the hot spot area of that G20 too.