Klarus G20 picture

I agreed! Flood light vs throw light is not fair!

Wasn’t it because the early G20’s used the XHP50 emitter?
Does the brochure list what emitter is used?

My sample of the G20 hits about 3000 lumens Measured on my ceiling bounce test. The beam pattern is so wide its hard to say for sure. Have you tried to hold the button down and use that turbo mode?

I’d be surprised if mine is putting out even half that. I have no way to measure output, but even my old 860 lumen Fenix PD 35 blows it outta the water.

I got it at the GB price though so I’ll just shrug it off.

Dude, if you’re saying that you think your G20 is only putting out 850 lumens, are you sure you are even using turbo? I tested it at well over 2,000 lumens, as did the guy who did the most thorough review.

Yes, I’m using turbo (click and hold). It’s just extremely underwhelming.

I’d try another battery. Something is wrong.

Is possible you are confusing Lux with lumen?

I wouldn’t say I’m ‘confusing’ the two, I know the difference. I realize those supposedly 3000 lumens are being spread out over a much wider area. But the ‘wall of light’ put out by the G20, even only at just 15-20 meters, is very unimpressive (at least to my eyes).

Admittedly, this is my first flood-style light, so maybe I am just expecting too much. It’s hard to explain without pics, and I don’t have the camera gear to capture pics in a situation like this.

I don’t know man, but the G20 puts out a very impressive amount of light in my opinion anyway. Get a lux meter and do a ceiling bounce test with your other lights and you’ll probably find out that it is putting out way more overall light then them, but it’s just not as focused of a beam.

I got 160 lux on the G20 and my modded blf A6 with double spring bypass and using VTC5 gets 88 lux. The A6 would easily be pushing 1500 lumens.

You’re probably right, as I do notice it lights up a room pretty good during a ceiling bounce. It’s just that the outdoor performance of the light (i.e., lighting up a treeline that’s 30 meters out) just seems lacking.

I’m not familiar with lux meters. Are there any decent cheap/easy to use ones on Amazon?

I noticed that the beam is so spread out it doesn’t appear the brightest you get the same results when using optics. You have to think at a certain distance in a big flood light like this your losing a lot of light that is going straight up.