Klarus XT12GT Review

Mine arrived. It appears to be trouble free. :slight_smile:
No “buzzing driver”, no PWM that I can see.
So far I am a happy camper…happy enough anyway.
It is bright…. :+1:

EDIT: I have a bit more time now.

• The fit and finish is very good
  • Anodizing seems well done
  • Knurling is not overly aggressive, but works fine for me
  • Magnetic USB charging connection is a nice touch

After reading of some of the problems some have had with this light I was somewhat skeptical when I finally got it. But so far with the limited use it has received, none of those problems have manifested. Nor have any others.

I’ll try to run it outdoors tonight if I have time against my Nitecore P30 and report back. If not tonight, tomorrow night. :+1:

I would like to hear your feedback from running the Klarus XT12GT vs NC P30 if you'd care to do a comparison?

The Nitecore P30 has got my attention, since reading that it might possibly be the best thrower in the single/18650 class.

I know I don’t comment much, my lights are old (as am I). I have few 1000+lumen lights and wanted the next gen so I ordered this as my first Klarus to see if I could adapt to a new switch interface. I have other 2 control lights but the little lever is intriguing. In any case, On a couple of occasions the light did something unexpected. it locked up once and would not turn on. I thought it might be the battery so I exchanged it with another and put the Klarus battery in a ultrafire I had ( it fit fine by the way). The situation solved itself just by removing the battery and replacing. On the second occasion, the lever switch wasn’t dong what it should have done ( it was switching modes and not brightness). That resolved itself by using the clicky to turn off then on again. Weird. But all in all, a fantastic light. I really wouldn’t make any changes to it. But I would have liked a pocket on the case to hold the little charging thingee, I already have a 4 mode AAA on my keychain that I won’t take off because it has a lifetime warranty and I have already broken 3 other quality lights (its getting expensive). I am awaiting the BLF light from BG to see if if I would say that I would buy this again. I have a SRT3 and think that’s an exceptional light, although a little large, that hasn’t broken in 3 years of abuse. Thats a light I would buy again when I lose it.

Awesome I can’t wait to order one now! Coupon codes still working? thanks!

Waterproofing of this light is great. It was attached to the shoulder strap of my bag during a river crossing (high water current) activity and no trace of water found inside the light. :slight_smile:

Quite a bit late to the party, but I’ve got some comparison pics and beamshots of the two in my XT12GT review here: Review: Klarus XT12GT (XHP-35 HI, 1x 18650) - Estimated Output, Runtime, and Beamshots.

I can go into more detail comparing the two if you’d like.

By all mean please do!! I forgot all about this…. :person_facepalming: MY bad… :frowning:

And besides a picture is worth a thousand words and I did not take any pictures……. :open_mouth:

Hey thanks for your reply. Looking at your review, it looks like the P30 has a tighter beam.

In your opinion, which has the better throw, the XT12GT, or the P30?

The XT12GT is a nice light. I like it a lot, and have no buyers remorse. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality all-round thrower

A tighter hotspot on the P30 is my “belated observation” ( :person_facepalming: ). I also think the P30 throws a bit farther.

BUT, they are both great lights. I certainly have no regret having purchased the XT12GT also.

Hopefully unknown00101 will definitely go into more detail here comparing the two lights. He has great beam shots on his thorough review he linked to. :+1:

Hi Teacher

I've been hoping someone would DO a side-by-side "video" comparison. Where they had some distance to stretch them both out.

Belated or not, you've a worthy response. Looking at the beam shots, I tend to agree with your observations, as well.

Thank you ARsee. But I really do apologize for forgetting about this. :+1:
Take care………… :slight_smile:

Just got my XT12GT today and had it out for a quick test in the outdoor setting. (low med high turbo)

If i press the primary switch it goes straight to turbo which is fine and i don’t get any squeel / whining but if i cycle from low to turbo using the mode switch once it gets to med / high it starts to squeel then if i go to turbo it will totally cut out on me after 20 - 30 seconds.

How are banggood on returns?

Be nice, be courteous, be short & to the point, be firm, don’t take no for an answer. After they make you an “offer”, if it is not fair or what you want…. tell them what you will accept & stick to it.

Do all of that and you’ll do fine. :slight_smile:

Hi Lexel,
could you pleas post some more images of the driver as well as some instructions how did you get it out.
I have dead XT12GT disasembled and the driver is rocking slightly inside but it doesn’t want to go out easely, I don’t want to apply excessive force for now, hoping I could remove it without additional damages.
It feels like charging port is in the way!

To OP, thanks for the review. :slight_smile:

The Teacher tell well, start the contact with precise informations and with images, if possible, a video is perfect!

Send an email to cservice@banggood.com , when I need help I always send an email to this address and always have my issues solved.

In specific by your question, the support for me is outstanding, not only in fashlights their warranty for me works VERY well

So, in the picture, you can see 3 refunds, one in the Jetbeam T6 was a price match, I found in kaidomain the same cheaper and after contacted Banggood, they parcial refunded me for the difference in the price. The another two orders was an Astrolux E02 wich only work for 5 min after bunout the led and another, was a regulator which the nut do not fit in argon cilinders becuse the size was projected by oxygen ones.

In those 3 refunds, I had nothing to complain, only praise!

I got refunded 50% of the what I paid for the light and sold it so made my money back on it.

I heated up the charge port with a small gas burner till the plastic started to smoke.
Used a screwdriver pushed it between inner and outer metal part and forced it out
you can fill the hole with epoxy mixed with carbon powder

it is glued with some white silicone

Thanks Lexel, I got it out without heating :slight_smile:
One more quick question, do you have pic of the driver from top where I could see + and - leads for led?

Thanks Lexel,
Conclusion: driver is dead (no visible indications of problematic component)… :frowning: