[Knife] First impressions: Maxam #SKMX2

Since I didn't want to clog up the other thread with another rather picture-heavy post, I figured I'd open another thread. I hope nobody minds. :)

My old post:

And since a picture is worth a thousand words... High-resolution versions available, as always; clickable thumbnails below.

And here's a rather crappy and uneventful video... Sorry, I didn't feel like converting the cell phone MP4 to something embeddable so I figured I'd just throw it up on Youtube.

Thanks Oxy! That's a very nice and very big knife and for $3.97, very, very cheap. I really like the look of the grip because it looks very comfortable to hold with all the finger grooves.

What's the grip made of?

No problem, buddy. :)

I actually got mine from PrinceAngels (5% off with coupon code "PA5OFF", without the quotes) and not from the other place since their S&H estimate was somewhere around $13 when I tried them. PA's website seems to be down at the moment but I think I paid like $12.50 or so, with free, untracked shipping.

The scales are made from aluminum and I'm sure they add quite a bit of weight but, the thing is, I kind of like that. I've got to admit I'm pretty impressed so far.

There is a massive DDOS attack going on now against various chinese web stores. At least FP/PA/BIC/DB are affected, maybe others are targetted too but can withstand the load.

Dang I'd really like to know who's behind this...

And thanks for the review Oxy, might have to pull the trigger on this, too...

I just checked the shipping cost for that $3.97 Maxam knife and all I could say was "Holy S**T!!!".

United Parcel Service (1 x 3.50lbs) (Ground) $43.30

Thanks for the heads up. I was beginning to wonder why so many sites were at least partly unreachable. Back in the day, when Kai and Kyle were running FifthUnit, DOS and sometimes DDOS attacks were extremely common and I know DX still gets hit every once in a while even these days, but I thought the usual DDOS extortion tactics (basically, pay up or kiss your site goodbye/pay for DDOS mitigation) were a thing of the past. Well, I guess it could be a competitor or just a disgruntled kid with too much time, money and a botnet.

Anytime. :)

I'll try to remember to let you guys know how the knife holds up over time.

Wow. Most expensive $4 knife I've seen in a long time...

PA has free shipping but as far as I can tell, it's always untracked and shipping times vary wildly (which is probably mostly HKP's fault).

WOW! I didn’t bother creating an account to get the shipping cost but that’s insane!! So much for that. PA here I come.

Oxy, I can’t believe how that knife dwarfs the G704 Ganzo. Wow! I’m gonna hafta git me one of dem.

Just went on the site. The main page then overall knife page loaded but now none of the individual knife links load. Looks like they are still under attack. Bummer. My first visit to PA and I will definitely be checking them out more. They have some nice stuff.

And...they're back up. I'm liking this puppy a lot: http://www.priceangels.com/Hard_Metal_Sharp_Blade_Machete_Knife_with_Lanyard_Hole_p22079.html

Apparently, the knife is now also available from Tinydeal.

Nice find! I like karambits and still like to carry a CRKT Bear Claw when I'm out in the woods because I appreciate it for its simplicity. The only thing I dislike about it, really, is that even the rescue version (which has a blunt tip and orange handles) scares people for some reason, despite what I think is a rather non-threatening appearance, at least compared to some folders.

That's a wicked looking knife. Perfect for assassins.

If there was ever a knife designed for cutting throats, that would have to be it! Perfect for hog hunting.

You would be immeditelly arrested if you had that on you without a concealed permit!