KronoReview: Eagle Eye X6R

on another note i compared it next to a blf x6 and it is brighter and pulls 500ma more

Thank you. That’s the answer I’ve been waiting for. :slight_smile:

Also:
Your x6R is from Banggood?
Is your x6R the 1A or 3C?
What tint # is the BLF x6 that you compared it to?
Is that BLF x6 stock or modded in any way?

Many thanks for the review Krono.
Does anyone know if there is any coupon code available?

I am holding off for the Groupbuy Luckysun D80. But if this new X6R was around the same price, I would have to take both!
If you could PM me that would be fantastic.

Hirsh

I will ask Neal for a smokin’ deal/coupon code for the X6R. :slight_smile:

Great review, Krono! Fantastic that it uses 7135 chips. Do you think there is enough room in the pill to stack at least one extra layer of chips onto it?

Also, do you have a Convoy L4 to compare it with?

Thanks JM!

Caleb-V might be able to answer you better on stacking chips. The driver was difficult to deal with and I was unable to remove it without de-soldering. Looks like that is how Caleb-V got it removed.

I don’t have an L4, but a buddy of mine does. What exactly did you want compared?

size comparison and output/beam. :slight_smile:

How do you use the charging feature? Mine just arrived today (with no gift box :frowning: ) and it didn’t come with directions. :~ How do you charge it? It turns on just as I plug in the cable. I don’t know what I’m doing.

Use any mini USB cable and plug it into the Mini USB port to charge…just like a cell phone or most other rechargeable items.

Thanks for the response! Does the light need to be switched on, or off? And the light switches on automatically when I plug it in. Does yours do that?

Mine does not turn on when charging. I would just click it off and let it charge.

I'd been wanting one of these to tide me over until the Luckysun BLF D80 SE and Eagle Eye A6 group-buys come to fruition.

I never managed to get an X6 regular or BLF edition, so it seems this would be a great upgraded substitute to catchup. Also prefer this X6(R) form-factor to the IMO tired & dull C8 shape.

But... the $30 cost had thus far put me off (Prices are $27.99 for U2-1A / +$3 for U2-3C). Always something else to spend the money on! I've coupon hunted through all the usual members and friends of BG without success.

Until yesterday; I made contact with a delightful BG staff-member who offered me a code to reduce the price. Code will make either version $24 - so that's a $6.99 discount on the 3C version.

PM me if you want the code - I really don't know how long it will last.

Here is anAFF-link

Hirsh

Nice! Thanks for this! I think that is one of the nicest beam distribution patterns I've seen.

Will there by any other emitter choices? And how about an included charging cord?

Ordered one. Been waiting for a deal on this.

Couldn’t decide wich version to get, so i ordered one of each :slight_smile:

Hopefully I can spare one to my parents, when I decided wich tint I like the best…

The code worked perfect. Thanks again Hirsh

Does the side switch power on/off and mode change? Is the switch “sensitive”, like slight touch changing modes? Which tint do you prefer?

[EDIT]
On/off is by the tailcap switch.

Placed my order tuesday…. Last order from Banggood(Convoy C8) arrived a couple of days ago. Approximately 1 month shipping time… With the Eagle Eye i chose “priority direct mail”, so hopefully it will get here sooner. Will then post wich one I prefere…

Sorry forgot to include “please post back your tint preference when you get them”.