L3 Illumination K40 Vs ThruNite TN31-Beamshot Showdown

Very nice pics. Thanks!

Brad,

Thank you so much

Nice, thanks Brad.

I am amazed at the awesome lights we are lucky enough to have access to.

Any one of them is probably more than sufficient for almost any purpose.

Good clean fun for all.

I am more than satisfied with my TN31 (for now at least lol)

as well it should be, coming in at 4 and a half feet long, and reflector the size of a large grapefruit….

thanks B- Rad . I was thinking of getting the tn31 but after the comparison

with the tk70 i lost interest.

naked chick in the 360 yard one. :open_mouth:

You guys are welcome.

Next week maybe will compare the TN31 more against the TK70 on different distance shots.

Great pictures as always Brad!!! Thank you!!!

most excellent comparative pics.bravo !
that fenix is a wicked thrower but the plunger profile
made me pass on it.
how bout sneaking in a shot of ur HID soon. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the pics, great job.

I just purchased a TK70… I was worried that it may been a bit of a relic. That is with all these new lights coming out. It would seem it holds its own quite well. Nice to see actual comparisons…

Thanks guys. I’m glad you enjoy them. It takes a little work on my part to do this, but you guys make it all the more rewarding with the praise I get in the end. I enjoy doing this as well, so it’s not really work to me. I’m just lucky to have the layout here to where I can walk out in my front or backyard and do these beamshots. Plus it helps that there is no street lights here. It’s just a perfect place to take beamshots. There’s actually a treeline you can see back behind the neighbors white barn that’s no telling how many miles away. I can see for a long way back behind my house.

Your gonna fall in love with that TK70. Your gonna be amazed when you first turn it on.

I’ll give you some advice on batteries. I am running the blue 10,000mah Tenergy batteries in mine. I have 16 total of them. They will work great if you charge then and use them within say a month or so and then charge that same set again to use. But what I don’t like about them is the ones that I got fully charged that don’t get used that sit for much over a month will lose their charge quickly. I read than Nimh batteries will lose about 2% of charge daily. Don’t know if that is correct, but what I will tell you is that these blue Tenergy batteries will after a month or so after being charged and put in the TK70 will not let the light go on Turbo mode. It will for a sec and then it will go back to the high mode. That means the batteries are’nt at full capacity to keep the light on turbo. So I would recommend getting the white Tenery batteries at least or a better grade low self discharge battery that is a better battery at holding a charge. Tenergy makes a white LSD battery, but the Mah capacity is a lot lower and I believe is either 7000 or 8,000mah. I think the Meridion batteries are good, and Power-X batteries. But they are more epensive. But I myself wouldn’t buy the blue Tenergy. That’s my advice unless your gonna charge and use the batteries fairly soon and then recharge them.

But I can tell you I have some white Tenerygy AA cells in my TK41, and they are a lot better battery than all my other Nimh AA batteries that I have. I would guess the white Tenery D cells will perform very very well, too.

Great shots Brad! Even though the TN31 seems slightly brighter, I'm still going with the K40. Cheaper, and I haven't heard any complaints about reliability or QC issues

I hope you get a mint one and all is perfect on your K40. I think it will be. You will thank me for the recommendation once you hold it and turn it on turbo for the first time.

And I enjoyed our talks on the phone yesterday Glenn.

If I don't get a mint one, guess who I'm comin' after? lol! JK! BTW, they none in stock. By next week they should have the next shipment :)

Just tell Justin to be sure and send you a gem mint 10 one.

Will do. Oh, it's cocktail hour here. I'm catching a bit of a buzz. lol!

Well don’t get too tipsy.