L3 Illumination K40 Vs ThruNite TN31-Beamshot Showdown

I have my eye on the White Tenergy 10000 mah batteries…. Thanks for the advise!

1:48 in the afternoon and you're already getting drunk? :P

If I do tip over, I can take some horizontal shots :)

Not drunk, just a bit tipsy. It's Saturday pal!

I have a redeye & a shot of Jack beside the puter…. :wink:

When I count to 3, we'll do a shot together. Party on my brother!

PROST!!

I have been using the Imedion 9500mAh LSD D cells. Twice more expensive, but I store my TK70 even with the batteries on, ready to fire at anytime, about ten months and counting, no stepping down from Turbo mode, no voltage drop. Impressive. You get light, in a flash.

Imedion 9500mAh LSD D cells

That’s the batteries I meant to say.

That is why I bought 16 Ternegy LSD D. When it comes to NIMH, always buy LSD. The extra capacity of 2000mAH non-LSD NIMH is not really useful, buy spare LSD D if more capacity is needed.

Good beamshots. TN31 is slightly better!

The TN31 lights up a much smaller area but it looks like it’s hot spot is just as bright. The TK70 lights up the whole countryside so it is really hard to tell though lol. I think it would take an sr90 or maybe a BTU shocker to run with that beast. Totally awesome bunch of lights that you have and your beamshots are killer as usual.
Rick

Taking into consideration cost, the K40 wins without a doubt!

Great job, I wonder how the TK75 is compared to these?

I have done a tn31 vs tk75 vs terminator thread a week or two back

Where are the K40’s sold? I heard it’s about 60$ for the light and 40$ shipping from the manufacturer. Are there any other deals out there?

I've been working on getting a deal with them but they like to overcharge for shipping. I was quoted $181 for shipping and a $20 bank charge for 10 K40s and 10 X40s.