L3 Illuminations L10 1xAA Firefly Keychain Light. Try your best to not want one!

I agree 100%. The Thurnlite is the only twisty I don’t mind. It has nice checkering for a sure grip so it can be twisted with one hand with ease. The fact that you are only twisting one direction and not having to shift your grip back and forth makes it work.

It’s the little things about a light that make or break it. In a tiny AAA like the Thurnlite, a twisty is about as easy to use as a clicky just because of the small size. That only goes for the good UI of the Ti not all lights. A bad twisty (which 99% are) can totally ruin a light.

Still, I am a sucker for smaller lights and at $15, it might be worth having around. Would it be better with a clicky and a clip? Hell yes! We get what we get.

+1

Is there a spring in the bottom of the light....or a foam pad with contact tab like the ThruNite Ti? I've had poor luck with 'battery crushers" in the past.

Foam pad in the head. My eneloop works good in the light.

Also XPG2 version will be $19.99. Colors scheduled should be Black, Natural, Red, Blue, Green, Orange :D, Pink

What would the increase in output be with the XPG-2?

I just ordered this. Anyway of changing to xpg2 version and paying the extra. I am willing to wait for it

I want orange.....

Boaz we’re probably going with a brighter “safety orange”. Your orange has some bronze in it

Same for me, brings the total to $25

It looks great but I’m not 100% keen on the modes anyway, 0.3 lumens is unusable and 3 mode removes the 60 lumen mode which is the only other really usable one apart from high.

Anyway, I am looking forward to more versions and different AA lights. Maybe single, 2 and 3 modes, the later 2 with good spacing. Perhaps even some tail clickys as well.

I would really love to see something rival the RC-G2 as well or even another version of it like SB does but with a XP-G2… That should really throw.

I really love single and 4 x AA lights :heart_eyes: its all I buy.

Do you have a Uniquefire SS A-1 ?

Cheap , small , tailstanding , good pocket clip .

No I don’t, I was kind of waiting for the E3120 AA only version. The 14500/AA ones I think would underperform on AA. I haven’t noticed him post in ages so I guess he’s probably really busy.

& I’ll get the xpg-g2 when it arrives.

Win, win!
Do you think they will be available before the holidays?

There’s goin be some colors available before Christmas and maybe the non holiday colors like orange after Christmas. I’ll try my best to get them all before christmas.

Looks like you guys love 4 modes .09, 3, 60, 120 by a land slide. I think the 3 mode is going to be changed from .09, 3, 120 to 3, 60, 120.

Super nice light, Jake! I'll be waiting for an XP-G2 4-mode in a more neutral tint. Excited to see pics of the color samples. :)

If you can manage to arrange a line of nichia 219 lights, it’ll basically have zero competition.

Nichia 219!

firefly is kinda annoying when it’s in the sequence so i’d rather not have it here, especially when it the first one the comes on! it’s too low to be useful for general tasks so it’s very annoying to have to tighten-loosen TWICE just to get a decent amount of light

3 lumen is an OK first low mode

60 is too close to 120. to the human eye there’s not much difference between the two. 30-40 would be a better MED

strobe is also annoying in the main sequence

IMHO the quark mini AA has the best implementation. hidden blinkies too. simply copy their mode spacing and their hidden blinkies and you’re good to go.

+1

3-30-120 would be great for a 3 mode.

I’m getting a lot of votes for 30 lumen med mode so I think there’s no other choice.

This .