L50 (YINDING) found out to be 6000K 95CRI

Definitely a lottery. I got a couple good ones (they’re cool white but neutral tint) when they were first appearing. Several months later I bought a few more and they were all ugly green.

I hate throwing money away on unknown emitters that more often than not turn out to have bad tints. I’m no longer interested in any chance of a tint lottery. I’d happily pay a premium for known good ones if anyone offered that.

These mystery emitters can be fun but I’m going to stick with established products from now on.

1 Thank

They also have this one, with lower lumen spec. Can you confirm that the ones you got have 4 or 5 bond wires? And if the black dot is present?
Edit: maybe share a closeup picture if you can.

The instrument model of my test spectrum is OHSP350S

2 Thanks

Maybe I didn’t express myself correctly. I would like the results of the round emitter in a flashlight. Like Ra, CCT and duv.

1 Thank

Give a man a fish/teach a man to fish

1 Thank

Added picture of the led. In first post.

Sorry for the quality, took it with my smartphone without any preparation. If anybody needs a better image I can do. Let me know in such case. Thanks.

Thank you. It is indeed the 4 wires one from the link you sent (5500K - 6000K). I asked because they send the wrong emitter very often.
Edit: are you using it with linear or buck driver? What is the relative brightness between 30% and 100%? (you can measure using opple with the flashlight ceiling bouncing).

The test instrument in the picture can test the Ra and duv of the flashlight.

他想要测试结果

3 Thanks

W5050SQ3 white light

4 Thanks

Do you also have measurement for 3000k version?

W5050SQ3
5amps current

3 Thanks

So both are 70 CRI variants, as expected.

To check the measurement with the opple it is important that someone with spectrophotometer measure one of these LEDs.

There should be also a significant loss in range and light flux since 90 CRI variants are much less efficient than it’s 70 CRI counterparts…

1 Thank

Seems like it. Kind of a shame about the tint, +0.0051 DUV isn’t that good, but I suppose there might be a tint lottery, seeing how this is N=1

Hopefully it evens out nicely when tint mixed with the 6500k version.

Thank you. It is R70 as expected, but tint is pretty good.

@1stein Is it possible to send one of these ‘95 CRI’ samples to me so I can measure it in my sphere? (The LEDs you linked are not available in Germany from this seller.)

2 Thanks

Yes. I’d love to verify this. PM me with your coordinates.

1 Thank

Done!

Edit: What strikes me about the picture with the LED in the reflector is that the phosphor looks much more orange than is the case with an LED with low color rendering. The luminous surfaces of my ‘Yinding 5050 glass’ in 5500-6000 K are clearly more yellow-green than the LED shown here.
Although the Opple is not exactly the most precise piece of measurement technology, I think at least 85 to 90 CRI is realistic. Let’s see if I can determine the luminous flux characteristic so that I can compare it with the 70 CRI version.

Update:
Both LEDs just sent to Koef.

I’ve also checked my Opple3 against other leds and it seems to be working as usual - readings quite consistent with the specs. So I’m really curious what kind of a trick is this.

5 Thanks

Thank you for your contribution to science. I think they are indeed R90. I’m curious to see the output and Vf.