lanyards-Show em if you got em

BLUE BALLS! love it lol

Simple yet solid! Use with an "S"-biner and avoid scratches from lanyard hardware on your torch.

Plaid or tartan......

I made this one the other day.

Toxic green .

Here's a little olive drab .

I might have missed the key point!

Here.

Black + toxic green FTW!

My sons and I are big into the paracord too. In fact, the older one is in an after school program called Treps, where he produces and sells paracord products. Anyway, like some of you, we regularly watch TIAT. That guy is brilliant. I'm not passing judgement or making any kind of commentary, but have you seen his early work with the Two Knotty Boys?

My sons are interested in trying this and I was wondering what would be a good length of paracord to start with? Dont want to buy to much incase they do not want to stick with it and also enough to get a good start and make a couple of lanyards and misc other stuff.

Thanks

Whatever length you buy it won't be enough. You'll be going back for more in no time.

Here's a couple of dog leashes I made

A batch of wrist lanyards

]

Globe knot keyfob

Small lanyard for a subcom

You have to do this most of the time because even the so called "large holed" pony beads are only 3mm and it is very difficult to pull through non-gutted paracord. I use a single inner strand to pull the outer sheath through the hole.

@ apt323- While it will vary with the project and the weave used, figure, conservatively, about one foot of paracord for every inch of finished project. So a 100' hank will easily give you ten bracelets and likely a few more. A few hundred feet will only set you back about twenty dollars and if the kids don't make stuff with it, it is still very useful to have around the house for chores.

Lately, I've been getting most of our paracord from Survival-Pax. The guy who owns it, Simon, usually puts a little hand written note in the package encouraging my kids to have fun with their paracord projects, which kinda endeared him to us. He has flashlights there too, but a little pricy.

TIAT has a discount code at Vermont Army/Navy if you link there with the link I provided. Its good for 10% off everything, not just paracord, so you save on those Multicame BDUs you've had your eye on too. :glasses:

I like the binkie. You can paracord anything. As far as gutting the cord, it just depends on what you want to make. A round sinnet with gutted cord is very different than one that is not gutted. For keychains and smaller items I gut the cord but you would want to leave it intact for a survival bracelet.

Good stuff , Essexman !

I particularly like the Globe knot fob . Sweet .

There once was a knotter named Jack
Who made lanyards - a pro, not a hack!
When his finger tips bled
He'd switch colors to red
So the blood wouldn't show front or back.

Whenever old Jack would feel down
He'd work magic with a sinnet or crown
Add some beads and some hooks
Or a trick learned from books
His mood would most surely turn 'round

He'd make more than he'd needed each day
Then on BLF he'd give them away
Whether lanyards or fobs
They would sign up in mobs
Because Jack was the greatest, they'd say!

Well , that's what they say , anyway .

Hey Jack, how you doing?

The globe knot was great fun, followed a TIAT video by JD to tie in on my hand, makes it's easy (ish)

Speaking of JD, no one has a comment on the two knotty boys link in post #46. Really?

Very cool guys!

I was more interested in the smooth transition of the fakesplice ....