last night's electricity pole hunting, just a few pictures

This is not something I often do, but with the woman and child away, and thanks to Nico (member Nicolaas) who suggested to do some real world testing, off we went to try out some throwers. Convincing proof of my inability to do such a thing is that I do not exactly know of all the beams which flashlight they came out: as systematic as I am in some of my BLF-testing, as sloppy I am at this. I hope that Nico can chime in on details.

This is where we went, north of Amsterdam on a dike shining the beams over the water at some huge electricity poles, hoping not to disturb the ship traffic too much.

At least I know that the very narrow beam is my wooden 5 million cd fresnel lens lantern with dedomed XM-L2 (link), there's a 300kcd dedomedNichia219C UF-1504. and a 175kcd dedomed XP-G2 reflector thrower. Those are my entries, and then there's Nico's ultraviolence at the top of the pole (a fancy Vince modded 600kcd aspheric I think it was).

First a bit underexposed, then a bit over exposed, the reality looked like in between.

And the fresnel lantern at the furthest pole, 730 meter:

And if you overexpose everything you can pretend that they are air raid search lights :

Hope you liked that :-)

Awesome!

I guess I should buy or build a thrower now…

I do like this. Very impressive.

Nice! Those are some real scrochers. 600kcd. Wow!

Very nice pictures !! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

+1!

Pretty cool! Thanks!

been waiting on more shots with the wooden box, and also more images from Amsterdam in general!

Did you wait for Batman to arrive or left early :D?

Wow.

How tall are those poles?

Nice beam shots. That must be a monster pole.

My guess is that the bottom beam is the 219C, but I haven't seen a dedomed 291C in real life. The tint looks very similar to my TN31 that I dropped a domed 219C (5K) in for a bit.

Yes, I figured that out too, just checked. The XP-G2 was 3C before dedoming, so that is the yellow one.

Reminds me of Lightsabre phase blade and Diablo 2 _! Good old times!! Thanks. Awesome stuff.

They are 135 meter each, it is a fairly busy shipping route, and even tallships should be able to pass them

Amazing pictures. I cant believe you did not have any coppers come around and check what was going on. It could well of been an alien invasion. Thanks for posting them up.

Excellent!

Great beamshots… That wooden box throws!

Thank you for posting these djozz! Really awesome! :open_mouth: