Latest Knives, Pliers in Chinese Market.

I have no idea about the blade length, but the blade shape is pretty easy to explain. It's a rescue-knife shape, with a turned down tip so you can stick the knife's spine against skin in order to cut off clothing or a seatbelt pressed against someone's chest, or something of that nature. Basically if you need to cut something off of someone you want a shape like that, that's also why the blade bends upward in the middle, to give a higher cutting angle if you thrust it forward.

thank you for your information Cool

Yes that is quite a bit more expensive, but this is one in particular seems to be a pretty high-end knife. It's got a frame lock and even has the Rick Hinderer style washer against the frame lock to prevent overextension (the first time I've seen that on a Chinese design). Also the frame lock and pocket clip look good, as does the machined G10 which should provide a good grip as it's more rounded than the flat G10 we usually see.

This is certainly the most "high-end" knife we've seen from Enlan, although I would have liked them not to have it be so heavy (almost 6 oz.) as a result of that solid steel frame. But yes, it's almost 3x the price of the EL-01 which is a much better value. I feel a fair price for this new knife would be about $20, as opposed to $10-$15 of other Enlan knives. At $30 it's the same price as the Spyderco Tenacious. This one might actually be nicer than the Tenacious, but only if the fit and finish are nearly flawless.

Also there are good copies of the Strider SMF and Chris Reeve Sebenza 21 from China for about $60 shipped. While I don't condone the copying aspect, they are still much nicer than this Enlan from a materials point of view (real Titanium and D2 steel). I feel like these new knives are in a kind of "no-man's land" of bad value. Either people want a super cheap Chinese knife for $10-$20 which can be great value (SRM 710, Enlan EL-01) or they will spend more money and get an American brand or high-quality copy of a very high-end American knife. I don't see the market niche for a $30 folder shipped direct from China.

What kind of steel with the EL-08? If it was a step up to ATS-34 or VG-10, then I might consider spending $30 for one.

Short of that, I would agree that the EL-08 falls between the market cracks. Give me an EL-01/02/04 or that $60 Sebenza 21 (very interesting, thanks).

it uses 9CR13MOV

:frowning: Though I am confident we will be able to make a deal on something else in the near future.

Actually from what I've read on other forums 9CR13MOV is actually a very good steel if heat treated properly, a definite upgrade from 8CR13MOV. The names are composition, so it implies a higher chromium content (more rust resistance) than 8CR, but both are pretty good steels, and sometimes they can be as good as 440C, although not always.

Okay it seems on eBay the EL-08 is going for $30+shipping (so $36-$38 total) but exduct is going to be selling them at $19.99:

http://www.exduct.com/Bee-Enlan-Knives/EL08-Enlan-Pocket-Knife.html

That is a good price and about what I would expect. I would recommend the knife at that price, assuming the fit and finish are as good as other Enlan knives. It does have more "high-end" features than the EL-01 for instance. The only problem is the weight, it's listed as 6.5oz on eBay which is almost a full oz heavier than the EL-01.

I'm going to order one when they come in stock at exduct, which they say should be in the next 10 days.

Can you please give me a link or a picture or more info on these knives?

Many thanks...!

Hmm, I was wondering yesterday, can someone share some information regarding Enlan and Sanrenmu factories - do they comply with ROHS? How are they about pollution? I just suddenly realised that I wouldnt want to fork 60$ for bunch of cool knives knowing that factory they are made in pour toxic waste into environment both through water or air pollution or if their workers suffer from pollution in their factories :/

Just came to thought that I rather get some more expensive European made knives instead.

Ashuang, can you comment on Chinese cuttlery industry tolerances towards pollution etc?

I know one CANT avoid that completely knowing loose Chinese environmental policy or lack of one no matter what you buy from there, be it knives or something else, so dont take this personal :)!

esrevenge, here’s the sebenza: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/499944070-Chris-Reeve-Sebenza-21-Style-D2-Blade-TC4-TC4-Stainless-Handle-Folding-knife-FREE-SHIPPING-wholesalers.html

Aliexpress also lists the strider.

Anyone know what knife is that? Wondering why is so expensive

OH, My God,

if you really care about that, you can almost forget all the products made in China, except some famous and big brands like Iphone, Nike.etc.

As for as I know, only factory like Foxcom who do products for Iphone cares about the things your mentioned(they have to care about that under Iphone's watch).

for othe factories, they pay not attecntion to that.

I have never been in SRM and Enlan's factory, but I can image.

things are strange here, the higher the price is, more peopel will buy.

Hehe, thanks for your input, I appreciate that ;)!

The EL-08 is now on sale at Enlan, and the shipping with China Post is now back, so the total price is under $25 shipped.

David, please check your PM.

9.8cm 9Cr13Mov Blade, 22.3cm whole length,G10 Handle

Those Inron MY803's look pretty sweet.

Can their pivot screws be adjusted with a flat-head screwdriver?

Nice the son of el01 with el06 xD are frame lock? Price? Hopefull lower of el06 :)